This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 10:48 am #2795658

alexS-55

We are taking over support of a multi-site WordPress installation. The previous company that did support would like us to take over licence renewal for WPML.

This is fine and I have just purchased a new Multilingual Agency solution.

Ideally, to minimise disruption, I would like to just apply my new licence key to the code the previous agency installed rather than download and upload a new plugin.

If I unregister from the Installer will it stop the plugin from working?

Is there any way that this can be done?

Thanks for any help you can be.

October 8, 2018 at 11:23 am #2795785

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

If I unregister from the Installer will it stop the plugin from working?
- No, your translated contents will not be lost but you won't be able to use all the features of the plugin. And, you will not get automatic updates.

Please:
1. Go to Plugins/Add New/Commercial
2. Click on unregister and copy your site's URL (full URL including HTTP , etc.)
3. Go to your WPML Account and click on "Add a new site" : https://wpml.org/account/sites/
4. Enter the full URL in the field provided and add
5. Copy the key and go back to Plugins/Add New/Commercial and paste it.

So the summary is to change the key, click on the Plugins > Add New > Commercial. Then click on the "Unregister WPML from this site" button.

This will remove your old key. Then you can follow the steps of our documentation https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/ to add a new key to the new domain.

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Adding in new licence key’ is closed to new replies.