This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 19, 2020 at 10:30 pm #5527951

Julie Christensen

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to add the Burmese language in the WPML "Edit Language" section, but it keeps giving me errors saying, "The language name already exists. Please, enter required data." I had incorrectly added Burmese and then removed it and started over, but now I keep getting this code.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, I was following the direction of the Solutions Architect at Acclaro.
Is there a similar example that we can see?
I included the screenshot of the error where you can see how I added Burmese. Am I using the wrong code, default locale, or hreflang? I was using my_MM. I finally got it to save, but then when I sent the translations, I got the attached error about ISO-codes. Help!
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 20, 2020 at 5:30 am #5529725

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

HI,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

This means some part of the Burmese language is somewhere in the database.
I am checking this with our developers.
I'll get back to you by today evening.
Please be patient.

Regards,

February 21, 2020 at 1:38 pm #5541135

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your patient.

1. go to WPML > languages
2. then click "edit language" and there's a button "reset languages", press it: https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/tmp/Languages_Ashi_Outlet_WordPress_2020_02_21_19_06_42.jpg
3. then re-add them. when you re-add you should add first the custom language.

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,

February 21, 2020 at 3:03 pm #5541989

Julie Christensen

Hi,
I reset the languages and did not get any error codes in that section when I did it this time. However, when I went to send my translations to our translation company (Acclaro) I got a message that said "Cannot find language with iso_code ["may"] Rollback jobs . . . Batch rolled back" See attached screen shot.

Am I adding the Burmese language wrong? Is there another issue? I included a screenshot of the Languages with codes. Please help.

February 22, 2020 at 7:00 am #5545395

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

That means your translation partner does not has that pair.
Same issue happened here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-find-iso_code-for-three-languages/#post-2624644

Could you please contact your translation partner and ask about the code that you have to use for this?

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Adding the Burmese Language’ is closed to new replies.