This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 2:33 pm

antonD-9

I am trying to:
add a translation to an existing post (from Ducth to French and English)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This is rather internal

I expected to see:
When I'm in the backend of a post in Dutch, I click the + icon to translate the post in French or English. I expect to see a page in French or English where the content is copied so I can change the content from there.

Instead, I got: a new post with dummy content in it, or a different post that is copied.

This only happened last week when I added English as a third language option. Before this was ok. It didn't happen when I was copying pages. Not sure if it happens with custom post types.

January 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3089019

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

If you would simply like to duplicate a post and then edit the content inside it, I would recommend following this method:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

This should work for both normal post types or custom post types.

Unfortunately, the credentials you shared with me don't work for me (you can click "edit" on the post above and edit the credentials), but can you let me know if you tried the duplication option, too, or if you tried just the "+" option?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

January 16, 2019 at 5:27 pm #3098902

antonD-9

I can't seem to edit the message, but I see the error in the password. Please put a "n" after the "j". This should make it possible to login.

January 16, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3098963

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for the update. The credentials work now.

Can you also please let me know if you had the chance to try the duplication method I presented above?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] Adding translation doesn't work properly’ is closed to new replies.