Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The mail send for Completed Order in WooCommerce is not translated.

Solution: The client ended up by using the Mailchimp for Woocommerce plugin, instead of the Completed Order email from WooCommerce.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewS-46 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4946645

andrewS-46

Hi
I can't get a string to translate on one of the additional emails.
I looked at a previous solution but it's not working for me for some reason
1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
3) Look for an option similar to "woocoomerce_emails", or something like that. Here you should find all the strings associated with your plugin options.
4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

I did that but still the string translation does not find my string (see attached for the bit I ticked)..then did apply but no joy
many thanks

November 17, 2019 at 9:20 am #4959961

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Could you tell me how did you add these additional emails, please? If this is just an option from WooCommerce, just let me know which one of them is so I can try to replicate this on my side, and see what's going on. I'm sure that we'll be able to sort this out together in no time.

Thanks,
Radu

November 17, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4960337

andrewS-46

Hi there
Yes - its in Woocommerce ...settings ...emails and completed order additional content (screenshot attached) ...when I search for that string under String Translation (or even part of the string) I get 'no strings found. Btw ...On same screen 'Booking Confirmation' is translated but comes through in English in the same Welsh email where I have the issue raised (may be part of teh same problem or a something separate) ...aside from this my site is pretty good now in Welsh..just these couple I think.
many thanks
andy

November 18, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4965975

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andy,

Thank you for telling me which type of email from WooCommerce are you trying to translate. I did test this out and it works very well on my side.

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → String Translation, scroll down the page, press the Translate texts in admin screens » link, and search for woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings. Here, make sure that subject, heading, and additional_content are selected. Once you did this, just scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Apply.

Now, if you go back to String translation, you should see the right elements under the admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings domain. Can you try this out and tell me how it works for you, please?

Thanks,
Radu

November 18, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4966303

andrewS-46

Hi Radu
Thanks for getting back ...I think you have tracked down where the issue is but the problem is I do all those things but the 'apply' bit does not work...tried it 3 times and when I go back into that bit its screenshot attached (whether I tick the enabled box or not...not quite sure what enabled is telling me there as unchecked but I can check that and the additional content box also...but the apply does not work for me some reason. If it did I guess all would be fine. So I apply and refresh the page and as attached.
many thanks
andy

November 18, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4966379

andrewS-46

So to clarify in the case where I check the enabled box and additional content or just the additional content box when I apply and refresh the page it always looks like this for me..and Booking Confirmation I can find in String Translations and is translated but come through in English in the Welsh emails..all the other bits of the welsh email look fine.
thanks

November 19, 2019 at 9:56 am #4970395

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrew,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please? I want to check this out and see why are the changes not saved.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

November 19, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4972585

andrewS-46

Hi Radu
Yes ...no problem...the only thing is it goes live in the morning and its not a big deal in the scheme of things..can we pick it up in next week and I'll give you access...I'll get back to you if you can just leave it open?
many thanks
andy

November 19, 2019 at 10:03 pm #4976043

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andy,

Wish you luck with the website launch in the morning!

When you're ready to take care of the mail translation, just give me a message back here and we'll check this out together.

Regards,
Radu

November 22, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4998359

andrewS-46

Just replying to this as an auto responder was saying it may get moved to closed if I don't. Would definitely be useful for someone next week to have a look but probably just that..I am not worried about a couple of stray bits in Welsh. So keep it open maybe and someone can have a look for sure..if nothing obvious and plugin conflict etc...then no action and we'll move to resolved...many thanks

November 27, 2019 at 1:14 pm #5029335

andrewS-46

We ended up using Mailchimp for Woocommerce for that email in the end (for other reasons)... so I just disabled the Completed Order email from Woocommerce...so although it was not working for me, I no longer need it to...many thanks