Due to the large volume of support requests, at the moment there is a waiting time of more than 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We do not have any recurring unknown issues so we encourage you to please search the forum for other support topics that might be helpful and to review our documentation and look at our errata page for known issues. We are all working hard to go back to the normal, a supporter will respond to you as soon as possible.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by stephaneR-8 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Denise.

Author Posts
July 8, 2014 at 11:58 am #432285

alonP-2

Hi,
When I view a translated page the admin bar disappears as though I am not logged in.

How to I set the bar to appear for all languages?

July 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm #432395

Denise

Hi,

I'll help you with this. Please make sure that you are using the latest versions of WPML and WordPress.

I assume that you are talking about the WordPress admin bar. Is that correct? Usually you can control whether or not you view the Users - Your Profile - Show admin toolbar when viewing site.

- Are you using multisite?
- What is your Language URL Format in WPML - Languages?
- Does this happen when you disable non-WPML plugins?
- Does this happen when using a default theme like Twentyfourteen?

Thanks,
Denise

July 8, 2014 at 2:24 pm #432430

alonP-2

Hi Denise,
Thanks for the help.
Yes, I meant the admin bar at the top of the page.
It shows in English, but when I switch to spanish it doesn't.

- Are you using multisite? No
- What is your Language URL Format in WPML – Languages? domains (.es etc)
- Does this happen when you disable non-WPML plugins? yes
- Does this happen when using a default theme like Twentyfourteen? yes

July 8, 2014 at 2:45 pm #432455

Denise

Hi,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

I will investigate this and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Denise

July 8, 2014 at 2:55 pm #432466

alonP-2

OK, details below

July 9, 2014 at 6:22 am #432775

Denise

Hi,

It seems like this only happens when you have different domains set up as the Language URL Format.

- Is your subdomain es set to display from the same directory as the English domain en on your server settings?

Thanks,
Denise

July 10, 2014 at 1:57 pm #433941

alonP-2

HI,
There is no subdomain.
We will be using domains.
e.g. .com, .es, .fr etc

July 10, 2014 at 2:15 pm #433959

Denise

Hi,

I spoke to the developers and this is apparently how WPML is expected to work when languages in different domains is used except when you are using subdomains as the different domains.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes. I will submit a feature request that the admin bar appears on all domains. I will let you know what the developers decide here.

Thanks,
Denise

July 10, 2014 at 2:32 pm #433980

alonP-2

ok thanks

April 18, 2016 at 9:22 am #863162

Marc Valentin

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and I was surprised to read on this page that this is the default behaviour of WPML. I consider this more like a 'bug' !
I see that the post is from more than a year ago. Was it corrected ? I have the last version of WPML and it is still there it seems...

November 6, 2018 at 7:11 pm #2882364

stephaneR-8

Has there been any update on this issue ? Is it now possible to switch domain but keep the WP admin bar visible ?