Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by George L. 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 11:16 am #4415515

George L.

Is there any indication when this issue will be looked at by your developers? i.e. is it high on their priorities and currently being looked at, or low?

We have a deadline to enable multi currency at the end of the month and would like to use WCML if there are no blocking issues.

During testing on staging with an empty database, everything worked fine, but it sounds like WCML has not been tested on large sites and now worry we might come across similar issues when we finally activate it, so would need plenty of testing time before the deadline.

August 19, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4416571

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

THe bottleneck here is being able to see the issue "in action". As we don´t have a copy of your site or have access to your live site, we can only go off of what you are reporting.

They will have to find the time to generate/create the test environment to see if they can replicate the performane problem and I know this will slow them down.

But I have escalated the issue to them in any case. If there is anyway to allow them access to your live site to see the issue...this would speed things up.

August 19, 2019 at 5:07 pm #4417585

George L.

As mentioned before, the problem is not with the code, other plugins or server config. It's to do with SQL queries and the fact they are not optimised for large data.

I sent you details around those and just a bit of reasearch would confirm you shouldn't be using IN.

Still, i've made a couple of sample files containing 10k orders that you can use to benchmark the IN vs JOIN queries.

I am currently unable to attach CSV files containing sample data, so if you want them, please advise how to attach them.

August 20, 2019 at 9:03 am #4421939

Yvette
Supporter

THat would be great.

I am opening the private area for you to include a downloadable link to a file sharing service like WeTransfer/ FileTransfer where you can upload the CSV files contiaing the sample data.

Thank you again.

August 20, 2019 at 10:17 am #4422509

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks - I have forwardedall of your comments and data to the developers.

August 23, 2019 at 9:45 am #4445739

George L.

Hi again, any updates on this? Are your developers actively looking at this or is it in their backlog? If so, what's the priority of this issue?

August 23, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4447961

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

Definitely not in the backlog! I took a look at the notes and the internal ticket went quickly and directly to the development team. The sample database was a key factor to confirm and escaslate the matter.

I can also see that our CEO has seen the problem made this issue a priority.

I have never seen a ticket get so much attention so quickly.

I´ve not been yet given an "official" response to hand on to you but I can see the movement and I assure you this is not being taken lightly.

August 23, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4448037

George L.

Thanks for this. As mentioned before, we are keen to get this resolved promptly as we need to evaluate if WCML is a viable solution for our case.

Appreciate many of your customers won't be experiencing similar issues as most wouldn't have a large site like ours, but i'm glad you're looking into this promptly.

I'll wait for updates on this.

September 3, 2019 at 8:49 am #4502267

George L.

Hi again,

It's now over a week since my last message and there are still no updates on this.

To clarify, I would have expected this issue to be resolved within a matter of days considering I've given you the exact issue and solution.

September 3, 2019 at 10:28 am #4503461

Yvette
Supporter

I have forwarded your comment as written to the 2nd tier group.

September 9, 2019 at 9:56 am #4535735

Amit
Supporter

Hi there, this is Amit from the WPML team. I wanted to let you know that the fix for this issue was released with our latest WooCommerce Multilingual version last week.

Can you please have a look and see if it resolves the issue?

September 9, 2019 at 10:48 am #4536033

George L.

Thanks for releasing this update.

This issue seems to be resolved on v4.6.7 and dashboard loads (reasonably) fast.

The following query still adds nearly 5s to load (when Object Cache is not enabled), but i'll open a separate ticket for it.

SELECT LEFT(m.meta_value, 3) AS currency, COUNT(*) AS c
FROM wp_postmeta m
INNER JOIN wp_posts p on p.ID = m.post_id
WHERE m.meta_key='_order_currency'
AND p.post_type='shop_order'
GROUP BY currency