This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 10:23 pm

janP-30

The admin is very slow. If I disable WPML, it works normally. I have debugged the problem with Query Monitor getting similar results as other people in the forum (already spent several hours trying to solve this on my own). But non of the solutions worked for me.

July 15, 2019 at 6:17 am #4207337

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and let me know your feedback

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Scroll to *Auto register strings for translation* section
3) Click on *Edit* button
4) Choose all string domains for auto registering and click on *Apply* button
5) Check is there any difference in the site performance
6) Deactivate WPML String Translation plugin for a moment
7) Check is there any difference in the site performance

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 11:35 am #4210517

janP-30

When I enable all string domains for auto registering, the speed goes from cca 10s to 6s (based on query monitor). If I disable the String Translation, it works much better - about 3 seconds.

But I need the string translations... swhat are the next steps?
Thanks for help.

July 15, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4214089

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please let me know the following details to track the issue.

1) Which type of hosting you are using, shared or VPS or dedicated?

2) If possible, I would like to know what is the loading time of the site when all the WPML plugins were inactive.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4214199

janP-30

1) I use VPS, I asked the hosting company before to find out if they see some performance issues.
2) When I deactivate all WPML plugins, it is most of the time below 1.5s, I guess this is normal behaviour.

Thank you.

July 16, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4220287

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, I have checked about this issue our team. It looks like the issue is happening because of a compatibility issue with Query Monitor. Because it is only showing one slow query related to WPML. We are in touch with Query Monitor to fix this issue.

When I tried with Page load time Google extension - hidden link, most of the Admin pages are loading around 6 - 24 milliseconds. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4220561

janP-30

Hello, thanks for answer - but the number it shows in the icon are not ms but seconds. The time is even higher than in case of query monitor. The miliseconds are shown in the table below.

July 17, 2019 at 8:43 am #4227577

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please check the results when the Query Monitor plugin is inactive.

Also please let me know on which page you have the least performance.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 17, 2019 at 9:07 am #4227951

janP-30

Ok, I did not understand I have to turn it off. But surprisingly, the page load time is better than before. Still, it's about 4-6 seconds... So I installed Query Monitor to debug slow admin and it made it even slower. Ok. What's next. Is there anything I can do to make it load faster?

Thank you.

July 17, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4231477

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. For your kind information, our developers are trying to improve the performance of the site while WPML plugins are inactive. We are planning to release a new beta version of the plugin soon(it has improvements) and collecting more information from the clients to improve performance.

So I have one more request. If possible, please try the following tests(without Query Monitor) after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

a) What is the speed when only WPML is enabled (without WPML String Translation plugin for example)

b) What is the speed when no WPML plugin is enabled

c) What is the speed when WPML Translation Management plugin is disabled or any other WPML plugins have installed?

Also, is it possible for you to test the beta version in the production/staging environment?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 20, 2019 at 10:44 am #4249611

janP-30

I tested it on the same page - Woocommerce settings page
no query monitor

1. no wpml - 2.22s
2. wpml multilingual CMS only 2.77s
3. wpml multilingual CMS + Woocommerce multilingual 3.25s
4. wpml multilingual CMS+ Woocommerce multilingual + String translation 4.52s
5. wpml multilingual CMS+ Woocommerce multilingual + String translation + Translation management 6.76s
6. wpml multilingual CMS+ Woocommerce multilingual + String translation + Translation management + Yoast SEO Multilingual 5.39s

Currently, I have the option to test in stagin environment but i can make it in several days (I planned it too).

July 22, 2019 at 9:31 am #4255481

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the test results. I have shared the results with our team. We have one more request to track the issue. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site(a fresh one) using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on our testing servers.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 8:42 am #4271585

janP-30

How? you have admin account. I have created a new duplicator copy if that helps. also, I have already set up the development environment. So I can test it too.

July 25, 2019 at 7:45 am #4280249

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now and share it with our team for the performance debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2019 at 6:32 am #4319035

janP-30

Hello, I got a reminder that this ticket will be closed. But it's not been solved yet. Is there any progress?