This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Kim

I installed wpml plugin, and started my translation. I got a page done, and was jsut translating blogs, when i hit an issue. My admin area is blank. hidden link and i'm taken to this page each time. I can go to hidden link but as soon as i try to do anythign i get taken to hidden link and a blank page. Not sure what's happening. When i disable the plugin by renaming it in my FTP program, i can edit again.

September 24, 2018 at 6:25 pm #2761550

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I currently can see an error 500, these errors are usually related to your site's WP Memory Limit

Please go to wp-config.php and let me know what is your current WP_Memory_Limit

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

=> To see the WP memory limit you have to login using your FTP and going into the
wp-config.php file , and it will be at the very top.
The Documentation i attached for you goes over details the requirements.

Also please turn on your WordPress debug.
From this page:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

iini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

September 25, 2018 at 3:23 pm #2764477

Kim

Hi, for some reason i can't reply to the ticket without debug info, and well i can't get debug info because the plugin isn't working. So I've put debug info from another account as my way around it.

So i downloaded the wp-config.php file, and there is no mention of memory limit

I added this to that file
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

iini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

and re-uploaded it. Activated WPML and ran the error a few times. I disabled it and clicked through my admin area, then enabled the plugin and ran through that error again, and no log file was generated.

I've left that debug on for now. THe plugin is enabled.

September 25, 2018 at 6:42 pm #2765018

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i added the following within your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

this increases your WP Memory Limit to 256M , i highly recommend to also contact your host provider to increase the WP Memory Limit from their side as well.

I have currently activated WPML on your site, i was able to do it by activating each plugin 1 by 1.