Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by osamuW 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 26, 2019 at 6:19 pm

osamuW

When I active WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, admin site goes blank and I cannot do anything. Strangely, the front end works. I have tried Version 4.2.4, Version 4.2.4.1 and Version 4.2.5-b.1.

Crashed when I was using Astra + Elementor theme. But, when I switched twenty sixteen theme, still causing the same issue.

March 26, 2019 at 9:21 pm #3466509

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It is most likely caused by a third party plugin, or not enough resources in your server environment. Please, try the following:

0 - Make sure your server environment meets the minimum requirements to run the WPML plugin. See: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

1 - Disable all the plugins and try to activate the WPML plugin again.

2 - Activate all the other plugins one at a time, untill the culprit one is found.

3 - Enable the WP DEBUG mode, so we can have a meaningful message of the possible conflict. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.

March 26, 2019 at 11:00 pm #3466841

osamuW

Thanks for your quick attention.
0 - My server said that it met these requirements.
1 - I did, WPML was causing the blank screen.
2 - I found that WPML is the one causing the blank screen.
3 - I enabled the WP DEBUG mode. Below is the error message that I got. Hope this helps.

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:28 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item in /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set('28', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('28', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Nav_Menu->init('') #4 /home2/welcomingo in /home2/welcomingottaw25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32

March 27, 2019 at 9:09 pm #3475795

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. Can you please tell me if it is a first WPML install or if you have some already translated content in your database? I am asking it because in order to fix it some sort of database tables manipulation is needed and if it is first WPML install then no translation will be missed, also IMPORTANT: a backup is required before proceeding in order to avoid any potential issue and data loss. Please, let me know so I can proceed with the issue resolution, have a nice day.

March 27, 2019 at 9:32 pm #3475817

osamuW

There are translations in my database already. I have the full backup for the site.

March 27, 2019 at 11:24 pm #3476143

osamuW

Hi Marcos,

We are taking registrations for events on this page: hidden link

And the site being down for a couple of days is a problem for us.

1) Can you estimate how long it takes to fix this issue?
2) Can you tell me why this happened, so that I can prevent from happening again?

Thanks,
Osamu

March 28, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3485163

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The issue is now fixed and your plugins was properly activated, please, since your current menus were removed in order to fix the issue, take these steps again:

1 - Create your main navigation from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus as you usually do when using a theme for the first time.

See: hidden link

2 - Translate your menu to your secondary languages.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

This kind of error happens due corrupt entry in the database that doesn't have a specific cause, in most cases due as mismatch in values of related database tables.

Please, let me know if you need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

March 28, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3485187

osamuW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!