This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Error encountered on wpml setup PHP Warning: require(/home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/ajax.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 645

Solution: The issue is due to missing or corrupt files in plugins. Updating with a fresh copy of WPML fixed the issue

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jordyR 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 18, 2019 at 10:47 pm #4412775

jordyR

Hello,

i get this error message on every admin page :

WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem. Show details
AJAX Error: error [500]
URL:hidden link

I can execute without errors mb_strtolower(), eval();
i tried using a default theme but error keeps coming and i am stuck at step 5 of the init configuration.

Thanks to server logs, i get these php logs :

[18-Aug-2019 22:06:08 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/ajax.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 645

[18-Aug-2019 22:06:08 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/ajax.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 645

[18-Aug-2019 22:06:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/ajax.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home3/djorgri1/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 645

I spent more than an hour with tech support of JustHost,
they couldn't fix it, and gave me this message:
"Unfortunately, the plugin provider has to update the settings. could you please provide the server information for the plugin provider"
here is the configuration :
cPanel 78.0 (build 35)
Apache 2.4.39
PHP 7.3.8
MySQL 5.6.41-84.1
Perl 5.28.0

Can you help me see what is happening ?

Thank you very much,
and sorry if my english may be inaccurate.

Jordy Rodriguez

August 19, 2019 at 5:59 am #4413637

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Jordy,

I will help you with your issue,

Reading from the error it seems like the plugin is missing some files maybe it's due to corrupted plugin files or incomplete download.

Please follow the below steps
- Secure a backup of your site and database
- Deactivate and remove the existing WPML plugins from the plugin list (this won't cause any data loss)
- Download and install fress copy of plugins from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Install only the WPML Multilingual CMS first to complete the setup
- Once you have registered the site with the plugin install the additional WPML plugins form plugins > Add new > Commercial tab

Please let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

August 20, 2019 at 7:44 am #4421109

jordyR

Thank you very much, it totally fixed the problem !