This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ipsow 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
July 27, 2017 at 9:10 pm #1329262

ipsow

I am trying to: translating string fields of plugin settings displayed on the front-end

Link to my site:

I expected to see: trying to translate the ads pro plugin. to see the correct language

Instead, I got: the default value language...

i have the plugin hidden link
they give a translation page to custom the string displayed in front-end
but i need it for every language so i added the admin string translation to the translation string page.
it appear, i did the translation but doesn't change in the front-end.
If you want to see, i need to put it private.

regards

July 28, 2017 at 9:30 am #1329528

Joanna

Hello @ipsow,

If I understood you correctly, you want to translate strings added via plugin options. If so, you need to register the strings first by creating a language configuration file for the plugin where these options are implemented.

You can read more about language configuration files at https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/.
Check the "Admin texts / wp_options" section.

You may also try the following steps:
1. Go to WPML->String Translation.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link.
3. Search for the options that have the strings as their values.
4. Check the options, scroll down to the bottom of the page and apply changes.
5. Go back to WPML->String Translation.
6. Search for the strings.
7. Translate the string according to your needs. Remember to mark translations as completed.

Please note that the aforementioned steps may not work for some plugins. If that's the case, you'll need to create the language configuration file manually.

Please let me know if you have any questions about language configuration files or adding the language configuration file doesn't help.

July 28, 2017 at 10:11 am #1329560

ipsow

Ok, i fount a topic with the same issue : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-translate-a-plugin-ads-pro-multi-purpose-wordpress-ad-manager/
I had to do manually and it works