Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanA-12 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 4:29 pm

stefanA-12

I am trying to: translate in the String translations a text, which I had integrated before from the Admin text into the String translations. Now the string is available, but is not translatable.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Here the text "Listing Flatrate & Advertising Campaign" should be in German language.

Instead, I got: it in English. The text for translation is from a widget. Please, have a look to the screenshot append, to know what I am speaking about .... 😉

Screenshots to explain it, to understand it more easier! 🙂

June 17, 2019 at 8:07 pm
June 17, 2019 at 8:07 pm #4038399

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

June 20, 2019 at 6:44 am #4057035

stefanA-12

Hi Marcos,

thanks for your informations! 🙂 I am always in contact with the theme developer and he has fixed now the translation problem. So this issue is solved!

But now I have a lot of unnecessary admin text in the string translations. How I can delete that, to not see all the admin text in the string translations?

Reg., Stefan

June 20, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4060829

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. If you are not going to translate those extra admin texts, then you can just delete them right in your String Translation screen as detailed at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#auto-register-fe. Note however, if you have any translation for those extra admin texts strings they will be deleted too. Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

June 20, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4061813

stefanA-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!