Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 25, 2019 at 9:50 pm #3458299

bernardL-9

WPML is configured as French for native language an English as translation.

I am trying to translate a few admin texts from plugin 'Shield Security'. See attached pictures.

As an example, the following translated page still shows 'Je ne suis pas un robot.' and not the translated text I am expecting to see: 'I am not a robot.'

hidden link

Is there anything I missed?
Thanks for your help.
Bernard

March 25, 2019 at 10:22 pm #3458531

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please change the value of "maxInputVars" inside of your php.ini file. You are currently using a value of 1000.

I would recommend you to change this setting to at least 3000.
You can find the php.ini file on your server inside the folder for your currently used PHP version 7.2.16.

In case of any doubt please contact your hosting provides and ask for assistance.

If this will not solve the issue could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to the parent Divi theme or even to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 26, 2019 at 12:51 am #3458855

bernardL-9

Hi Andreas,
I have increased maxInputVars to 5000. I still have the problem.
I disabled all plugins but WPML and Shield Security. I still have the problem.
I went back to the Parent Divi. I still have the problem.
I changed the theme to TwentySeventeen. I still have the problem.

What would be the next step?
Thanks,
Bernard

March 26, 2019 at 6:31 pm #3465619

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message and the testing.

Could you please add the plugin to the following test site in order for me to test it for compatibility with WPML. Once the testing is done and the compatibility is confirmed on a new WordPress install I will be able to escalate the issue to our compatibility team.

One Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short message once the plugin has been installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 26, 2019 at 8:35 pm #3466279

bernardL-9

Hi,
I have installed Shield Security with a minimum configuration to the sandbox site.
There are a few admin texts that need to be translated on this plug-in but my focus right now is with the text 'I am not a robot.' See attached images.
I have also installed Classic Editor since I am more comfortable with it.

In order to reproduce the problem, you have to logout from the Admin, get to theSite and access the Post. Then switch to English.
At the bottom of the Post, the check box still as the French 'Je ne suis pas un robot.'

By the way, the timeout button in black is also in French and as also the problem. I did not translate this text for this test for simplicity.

Thanks,
Bernard

March 26, 2019 at 10:58 pm #3466839

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance.

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team who will work on a solution for the issue. I will keep you updated once I have received feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 1, 2019 at 3:32 am #3503773

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Our developers were able to provide a fix for the issue which will need to be implemented into the plugin by the plugin author.

I would kindly like to ask you to provide access to implement the changes as temporary workaround.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

April 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3517339

bernardL-9

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your reply.
Before we go that route, do you know any security plugin that would be compatible with WPML?
I would not mind changing the plugin if it suits my needs.
Thanks,
Bernard

April 2, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3519111

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for your message.

Please have look at the following list with our recommendations when it comes to plugin compatibility. The plugin sin this list have been tested and optimized to work in collaboration with WPML.

https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/

Kind regards
Andreas

April 13, 2019 at 11:15 am #3604379

bernardL-9

Hi Andreas,
I have been away for a while, then got pulled into other projects.
I will get back to you soon.
Thanks
Bernard

April 17, 2019 at 9:40 pm #3634829

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I am from 18.09.2019 to 21.09.2019 unfortunately not available. If there are problems with the translations please open a new ticket in the meantime.

I will be happy to help you on Monday and wish you happy holidays.

Yours sincerely
Andreas