This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: One of our editors has been entering page translations using the translation manager.

How can our admins or other editors review pending translations? Can we (admin or editor) also edit them or by force, complete them or reassign them to others?

I cannot see pending translations (in the translated language) tru the WPML->Translations, WPML->Translation Management, and the normal WP page view (translated language chosen on top). I can only see the English posts and their status. I wish to be able to open ALL translations tru the translation manager.

Solution: There is a workflow that you can use on these cases: - Go to WPML > Translation Management - Click on Translation Jobs - You should see all content sent to translation. The content with partial translation will have the "In progress" status - You can change the Translator designed to this job on the last column. Assign the job to your admin user. - Now the partial translation should be available on WPML > Translations. You can finish the translation or assign it back to the original translator.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carecweb 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 5:45 am #2794786

carecweb

Hello Diego,

One of our editors has been entering page translations using the translation manager.

How can our admins or other editors review pending translations? Can we (admin or editor) also edit them or by force, complete them or reassign them to others?

I cannot see pending translations (in the translated language) tru the WPML->Translations, WPML->Translation Management, and the normal WP page view (translated language chosen on top). I can only see the English posts and their status. I wish to be able to open ALL translations tru the translation manager.

I believe my question is similar to:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/view-translation-progress/

Thanks

Aldwin

October 8, 2018 at 7:51 pm #2797201

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Aldwin, welcome back 🙂

Unfortunately this is not possible. The translator must complete the job as "100% complete" so that it is sent to Translation Manager. Only after that the translation will be available to all users.

On the translation management, you can use the filters available at the top to see the posts on other languages (see screenshot). But unfortunately it is not possible to see the translation status of other users.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 9, 2018 at 3:49 am #2798190

carecweb

Thanks Diego for the quick response as always.

Just as I feared. Shouldn't it be obvious and logical that an editor should be able to view and update other translator's work, just as an editor can view and update any post/page in WP? Furthermore, an admin should have "total" access on the content and setting in a system, not just WP and WPML. What if a translator delays completing the translation or is non-responsive? With WPML's current setup, pending work can be "high-jacked" by a disgruntled or lazy translator. This is worrisome.

Can you please raise this as a feature request? More of a demand actually since this is a rationale necessity.

In the meantime, can you guide me (the admin) on how to view and update a translation directly in the database? What are the related tables and how are they related? Tracing and viewing completed translations is fairly easier. But viewing and translating translations in progress is not so, and is unfortunately not covered by your documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Regards

Aldwin

October 9, 2018 at 7:31 pm #2801814

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there, thanks, I will suggest this to our team.

WPML is built to interact with external translation services. That's why the translation management uses this logic (Send Content to Translation > Get the Translated Content). I did some more tests and found a workflow that you can use on these cases (partial translations/lazy translator):
- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Click on Translation Jobs
- You should see all content sent to translation. The content with partial translation will have the "In progress" status
- You can change the Translator designed to this job on the last column. Assign the job to your admin user.
- Now the partial translation should be available on WPML > Translations. You can finish the translation or assign it back to the original translator.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 10, 2018 at 4:00 pm #2805156

carecweb

Alright!!! You're the man Diego! Yes this workaround was just what we're looking for 🙂

Yeah, I initially suspected that this was a business decision since the translation services would be more profitable than actually selling the plugin.

Anyhow, glad there's still a fail-safe method the owners and admins can rely on.

Thanks a lot.

Aldwin