Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 24, 2021 at 7:32 am #8386209

samN-9

Issue:
I am really at my ropes end. I've talked to 2-3 wpml support people already, and they've been very supportive, but my problem exists. When I do a Adv xlations, it wipes out the categories for foreign languages. I've done everything your folks asked, clearing wpml tables, deactivating plugins. I really beginning to think it's an issue in the wpml system. I hope you can elevate this to a higher level and have a developer look at this.

March 24, 2021 at 9:33 am #8387315

samN-9

1) I have a site with EN as default language and 7 other languages.
2) The product pages for site are done with posts
3) These posts have category and sub-category namely "products" and "product classification" (e.g. products/spectrometers.
4) I change text on En page, and then I go into, say French and do Adv xlation and "save"
5) After that the category for French is wiped out.

March 24, 2021 at 9:36 am #8387425

samN-9

I have worked with your helpful support teams and I've done these things.
1) I cleaned up wpml tables (wpml>support>troubleshoot)
2) I deactivated all plugins except Yoast and WPML
3) Your support people have already come to my site and looked around.

by the way, I am using Divi. I called Divi and they said it's probably a wpml problem.

March 24, 2021 at 9:38 am #8387427

samN-9

working with your support, I always think that they have worked out my problem, but my problem still persists and it is causing some complications. I have a work around, but it's a bandage fix.

Namely, everytime i do an Adv xlation for a language and finish, I have to go back and add in the Category for that language. And it's a bit annoying because we have 7 languages.

March 24, 2021 at 9:40 am #8387437

samN-9

This time I hope I can get some developer assistance to solve this problem - I'm beggining to think it might be a wpml code problem.

March 24, 2021 at 5:01 pm #8392715

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the details. Please share with me the following details for tracking this bug.

a) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) URL of a couple of posts having the issue

c) Is it possible to recreate the issue with a new Post

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 25, 2021 at 6:56 am #8395871

samN-9

I just sent wpml admin credentials

March 25, 2021 at 6:57 am #8395875

samN-9

By the way Bigul, hidden link is a development website, so feel free to test. But please let me know. I am in Taiwan so hope we can get back to chat.

March 25, 2021 at 12:28 pm #8399555

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. This requires further debugging and escalation. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 26, 2021 at 3:11 am #8404941

samN-9

Please allow me to clear some proprietary information.

March 26, 2021 at 3:17 am #8405013

samN-9

OK, you can use your duplicator plugin now. Thank you

March 26, 2021 at 3:21 am #8405031

samN-9

Bigul, are you using Duplicator by Snap Creek? I'm looking to move on from All-in-one

March 26, 2021 at 12:53 pm #8407897

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. Yes, using the Duplicator plugin by Snap Creek. We prefer it because of the easy deployment.

Made a new Duplicator copy of the site. I will debug it further with the help of our second-tier team and get back to you as early as possible(because of the weekend mostly on Monday). Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 29, 2021 at 10:22 am #8421265

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing in my local copy after the initial checks and it shows the following error while login into the site back after completing the WPML Troubleshooting steps.

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:103390 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item in C:\wamp\www\uprdev\wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\classes\core-abstract-classes\class-wpml-set-language.php on line 34

Therefore I will consult with our second-tier team for the expert opinion and get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 29, 2021 at 12:28 pm #8422407

samN-9

Thanks Bigul for your efforts, awaiting second-tier team results.