Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 31, 2021 at 12:49 pm #8440581

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

The bug is existing after the primary investigation procedures. Therefore the ticket is escalated to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 1, 2021 at 7:03 am #8445723

samN-9

Any news Bigul? Please let me know. Thanks

April 1, 2021 at 7:10 am #8445739

samN-9

Sorry Bigul, I didn't see your note yesterday - thanks for your efforts.

April 1, 2021 at 2:38 pm #8449973

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our second-tier team is still working on this bug. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2021 at 12:24 pm #8473339

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

This bug is escalated to our developers for fixing. Because the issue is existing after the possible workarounds. We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 7, 2021 at 2:14 am #8477587

samN-9

Thank you Bigul for update.

April 8, 2021 at 8:35 am #8488883

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our developers are working on this bug. But it may take a while for a permeant fix in the WPML core because of major changes. So we have two workarounds for this issue.

a) Translate the Posts manually - https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

b) Or make the following change in WPML code after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not

1) Go to *wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/media/shortcodes* folder
2) Open *class-wpml-page-builders-media-shortcodes-update.php* file for edit
3) Scroll down to line 53 comment on the following code

From

wpml_update_escaped_post( $postarr );

To

//wpml_update_escaped_post( $postarr );

Please try the workaround and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 10, 2021 at 7:03 am #8505529

samN-9

Hi Bigul, thanks for update. kind of a relief that your folks pin pointed problem. As for work arounds, a) does not seem feasible as I understand it uses different tables to store translations and when switch back to advanced translations in the future, those translations will be lost. I will try b) on the test system. Do you know when the fix will be officially ready? (I know any core changes require alot of testing, but 1 month, 2 months? I'm surprised no one else has run into this problem.

April 10, 2021 at 11:23 am #8506457

samN-9

Bigul, at first glance the code change (option b) seems to work ok. I will test a little more and then move it into production environment.

April 10, 2021 at 3:14 pm #8507069

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to reproduce this issue in a fresh installation or our existing test installations. It only happens while using your database. So as of now, we don't have the exact time frame required for this fix.

Switching between different editors(WPML Classical/Advanced or Native WordPress editor) is not recommend for translating posts or pages. Because the translation workflow is totally different for these three modes and there are chances of missing the existing translation. Therefore we suggest the second workaround for you.

Thank you for the understanding. We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 15, 2021 at 2:37 am #8540159

samN-9

Hi Bigul, yes, I'm not surprised it's not happening in a fresh installation. That's kind of been the problem for several of my problems with Advanced translation - sometimes it happens, sometimes not, but it doesn't happen in a fresh install. It's a bit frustrating trying to convince wpml supporters I have a problem. Other problems I've had is with <iframe> and <style> module sections (using divi). It's not consistent in Adv Translation - however classic xlations seem to be ok.

April 15, 2021 at 3:23 am #8540325

samN-9

Looking forward to your findings. I hope to stabilize these inconsistencies before I hand off the site to my client. Thanks Bigul.

April 20, 2021 at 2:28 am #8576421

samN-9

Hi Bigul, any news on this one? I put fix b) into production and seems to be working ok. Please let me know status. Thanks

April 20, 2021 at 11:58 am #8581283

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Our developers are currently working on this bug. But it may take time. I will keep you updated on any progress and will let you know as soon as I have any news from our developers. Thank you for your understanding. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 13, 2021 at 8:35 am #8754663

samN-9

Bigul, how is it going? Sam