Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by nicoleY-2 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 18, 2021 at 6:44 am #8786129

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the late response. Our developers are still working on this bug. We will update you as soon as possible when I have any news from our developers about this. Thank you for your patience. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 3, 2021 at 11:44 am #8907713

samN-9

Hi Bigul, sorry to bug you again. I don't want to fall behind on my wpml versions on my site. Should I wait for your fix, or can I update to the new versions and make that small change again. Sam

June 9, 2021 at 6:32 am #8948089

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sam,

We are always happy to help you. As of now, there is no exact time frame required for this bug. It will take time because of the complex fix. Therefore, you can upgrade to the latest version, and please continue with the workaround. Thank you for your patience.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 3, 2021 at 8:48 am #9515569

samN-9

Hi Bigul, any news yet? Sam

September 3, 2021 at 9:44 am #9516141

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sam,

Sorry, our developers are still working on this bug. It will take more time because of the major changes to fix it. So please continue with the workaround for the time being.

We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have any updates from our developers about this. Kindly wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 5, 2021 at 11:38 am #9525913

samN-9

Hi Bigul,

Sorry, must ask you respectfully. Are they really working on this? Can i really expect a fix at some point in the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years?

Please give me a straight answer. As this lingers, I grow more and more nervous, especially because it is my client's site (not mine).

And also, am I the only site who is experiencing this bug? And why?

Thanks. Sam

September 8, 2021 at 3:23 pm #9549721

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the inconveniences you are having now. I had a discussion about this with our developers. As of now, this bug is only happening on your site. This issue is happening because of a conflict with Yoast SEO and Media Translation. But unable to reproduce the issue exactly in our test sites or a fresh installation exactly.

The fix will be included in the future versions of WPML most probably in the 4.6 series. But as of now, we don't have an exact release date for it. Therefore please continue with the workaround for now. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 13, 2021 at 5:15 am #9573597

nicoleY-2 Site owner

Thank you Bigul - note that we have changed user name to nicoleY-2 (my client). Sam

September 14, 2021 at 6:11 am #9580761

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the updates. Please subscribe to the notification of this ticket as the new user. So you will get email notifications to both accounts, whenever we reply to this ticket.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 27, 2021 at 2:29 pm #9874999

nicoleY-2 Site owner

Bigul, this is Sam. We just installed 4.5 (development area) and I went to make the patch fix, but I can't find the directories you had me go to before:

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/media/shortcodes

Please see attached image - please advise - thanks very much

Sam

filezilla-directory.jpg