This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 7:31 am #3488345

thomasK-17

Hi,

I'm trying to use ACF alongside WPML.

I'm trying to have the same category slug across languages, which can be done like described here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-category-slugs-across-languages/. That's quite a hack.

I think it would be appropriate for a plugin like yours, to have same category slugs across different languages. Your competitor Polylang has this feature!

To my problem:
When I'm doing this and set my field group rules to show up if the post category is one of these categories, my field group is disappearing after saving my post.

Do you understand what I mean?

e.g.: I have a category "News", which should have the same slug in all my languages. So I'm using the quick edit function to save my slugs. Then I'm setting up a field group with the rule "Show this field group if Post Category is equal to News". Then I'm creating a new post with the category "News". After saving, my field group disappears from the post edit screen. The information is there in the front-end, but those fields are disappearing in the backend. If I change my category slug to something like "news-en", there is no problem with these custom fields.

Can you help me? And please consider developing this feature.

Thank you!

May 14, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3806767

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that ACF Multilingual 1.3 is out, check it out and let me know how it goes!

If it doesn't, then we will need to wait for our next WPML (core, 4.3) release to come live. Please let me know.