This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 28, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3698283

viktorB-10

I am trying to: translate 1-2 specific pages from the default lang (eng) to the secondary, but it doesn't take the changes. The hungarian language shows the cogs icon. No refresh, no edit icons. If i switch to classic wpml editor, and make changes in that that works only.
Maybe it's some broken connection problem between wpml's ATE and our website?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
the english (default) version: hidden link

I expected to see: translation in effect that we make in the ATE editor.

Instead, I got: hidden link

no changes. The hungarian translation's pretty permalink slug seems to be lost. instead it gives .../hu/?post_type=product&p=1488 (which is a 404 page)
(By the way the above product's ID =409)

Feels like wpml lost track of some pages translations. Can be many reason for this.(?)
Can be wpml settings issue?
If at creation of the original product the 'Duplicate uploaded media to translations' and 'Duplicate featured image to translations' were not checked, then at a later point in time we checked it. It can cause any break / anomaly?
Maybe memory issues? We just recently raised the php max memory limit from 40 to 128/256MB)

This is a staged environment.

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for the help!

April 29, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3705269

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I would advise you to change the wp memory limit to at least 256M, as 128M is recommended for blogs with default themes only.

Further, please make a backup of your site and database and then go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and click the button "Check for Updates". We have lately release WPML 4.2.6 and I would kindly like to ask you to update any plugin to the latest verision.

Let me know if this solved the problem.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) translation is taking effect for some pages’ is closed to new replies.