This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guillaumeR-7 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 4:06 am #3812135

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

OK... You just have to click on the "gear wheel" WPML icon to find easily a page with this problem...

For exemple, this page (advanced translation editor is blocking) : hidden link

Or this page (can't have advanced editor) : hidden link

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 4:14 am #3812173

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I just created a new page and try to open the translation in Advanced Translation editor and it seems to be working fine.

Regarding the hidden link, was the page translated using different editor before? Could you please try to add the translation for a new language and let me know if the problem exists?

Regarding the hidden link, it seems you are working on this page, right? I tried to edit the page but it seems to be work-in-progress in the page.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 6:30 am #3812597

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

I think there is a problem with the advanced translation editor.
- There are many page there are several pages that have the advanced editor blocked
- I do not understand why there are several icons for translations in progress ("gear wheels", "pencil" or "two arrows turning") ?

#1st page (postid 3698) / "gear wheel" icon : I used the advanced editor well before to do my translations. Now the English translation is unattainable. But I can translate an another language with advanced editor

#2nd page (postid 20279) / "pencil" icon : This is not a work in progress. I can't use the davanced editor, even in the WPML parameter I set to use Advanced Editor

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 10:25 am #3814905

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

You can know about the status and it's an explanation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#how-to-check-the-status-of-translation-jobs

I guess the ATE issues are happening due to the fact that it's staging site, could you please try this on your main site and let me know if that helps?

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3816401

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

I would prefer to solve all the problems on the development site than to do tests the live website.
(I think that's why you asked me to set up a development site)

And as you can see, some pages have the icon "gear wheels" while their translations seem to be finished.

--> Can you help me to solve all problems on the development site ? So I will know exactly which processes to apply on the live website

Thanks

May 16, 2019 at 11:09 am #3825239

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The jobs that are stuck were sent using the live site before creating the development site as far as I understand, am I correct?

Being so, the jobs as showing as stuck, please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:
- Register your WPML plugins creating a new key from https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- Go to WPML->Translation Management->Translation Jobs
- Search the page having stuck with ATE and cancel the job.
- Go to the page editor and update the translation

I tested it on "Anches pour Saxophone" page and it's working properly for English Translation.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3867223

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

I'm back 🙂 I solved a lot of problem with your indications. Thank you.

But I still have a problem with this following pages.
- On this page, even if I 100% validate the translation on the advanced translator, the language translation icon remains with a "+" :
hidden link

- On this page I can't have the advanced translator :
hidden link

Thanks

May 23, 2019 at 3:37 am #3870935

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

On this page, even if I 100% validate the translation on the advanced translator, the language translation icon remains with a "+" :
<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Please follow the below steps:
1) Make the translation as complete (100%)
2) Now go to the default language and update the post.
3) Send the post to translation again, this should show all the updated items.

Note: If the steps above don't work, I request you to add something dummy text on the default language and update the translation once.

On this page I can't have the advanced translator :
<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

I tried to add a translation of a language on this page and the Advanced Translation editor is showing properly, so could you please explain about the issue a bit more?

Thanks

May 28, 2019 at 6:51 am #3903111

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

It seems to work now with this complicated method ...

But it also works by loading directly the "translation queue" page after completing 100% translation ...

I find in my case that the WPML translation modification method becomes extremely complicated.

We can close this post.

May 28, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3906803

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the feedback.

You can mark the ticket as resolved now.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

May 28, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3907139

guillaumeR-7

It seems to work now