This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 5:51 am #3789729

diegoM-38

I am trying to:
control when my translators edit their translations. So I want to approve it as an admin before it goes live and published directly.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
No error

Instead, I got:
Error hidden link

May 12, 2019 at 8:25 am #3792649

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Do I understand right that you are not able to activate the Advanced Translation Editor from going to WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages?

Such issues might be related to the following:

- Server config not allowing proper communication with ATE (not very likely)
- Server-side cache (very likely)
- Special config in files that I did not have access to (somewhat likely):
-- wp-config.php
-- .htaccess

I would like you to disable your server-side cahce if activated and to see if the issue persists. Other wise please once connected to your site, connect to your server and rename the .htaccess-file. Then go to Settings -> Permalinks and simply click the save button. This task will create a new .htaccess-file.

I hope this workaround will solve the issue. Otherwise please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.

Kind regards
Riffaz.

May 13, 2019 at 3:45 am #3794763

diegoM-38

Hey,

So if the post is already published live to site.
Now translator user change something to translations and I don't want the changes to be published directly on live site. So how do I prevert or control those changes in translations for specifically published live posts?

May 13, 2019 at 8:34 am #3796077

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry the previous reply was not for you.

For your issue:
Yes, you can set it in WPML > Settings > Translated Documents Option : hidden link

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 13, 2019 at 6:57 pm #3801275

diegoM-38

I have tried your setting but it didn't match my requirements.

What I want is I will create a post in my default language(English) then I will send this post to be translated in other languages so the translators will translate the post in their assigned languages once they completed the translation I will published that translated post on my site but as it's published post if the translator make any changes in this post all the changes will take a place on published post which can harm our reputation and business.

This is just not for when publishing the post but it's about after publishing the post.

I hope I am clear with my question or let me know if you need more explanation on this.

May 14, 2019 at 9:20 am #3805099

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Do you mean that the corrections / updates made by your translators should be verified you before publishing them, right?

Regards,

May 14, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3808361

diegoM-38

Hi,

Yes, I meant that.
A translator shouldn't be able to make changes in the already published post or if they make any changes it should be verified by the admin first.

May 15, 2019 at 11:42 am #3815827

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

1) if you enable this WPML > Settings > Translated Documents Option : hidden link

Correct, the status will be set as drafts and only the translation manager or any other person with publishing capabilities can go to the page and publish it manually.

2) A translator shouldn't be able to make changes in the already published post or if they make any changes it should be verified by the admin first
-
Unfortunately, this is not possible for now but it could be a nice feature request.
Please make feature request here: https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/
it would be a pretty cool thing to have

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Advanced Translation Editor is showing error in backend’ is closed to new replies.