Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bengtR 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 16, 2020 at 2:49 pm #5502133

bengtR

Hi!

I try to load the Advanced Translation Editor. Most of the time it works fine, it just takes a few seconds. But sometimes it takes minutes and then later it works again. But today (Saturday) it runs forever (at the screen "We are transferring your translation job to Advanced Translation Editor") without loading. Internet is fine and I can reach wpml.org without any problems.

What is the problem? Why is it going up and down in this way? Is it better to stop using it, and instead using WordPress editor? What will I loose if I do? I don't need external translators, I do all my translations myself.

Best,
Bengt

February 17, 2020 at 6:31 am #5504581

Riffaz

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you very much for your patience and sorry to have you waiting - there is a very full ticket queue at the moment and it takes us a bit more than usual to answer tickets.

Now, regarding your request, thank you for reporting the issue.

We've seen a couple more requests from other customers, too, regarding the same issue, and we are currently investigating this.

I'm leaving this ticket attached to myself and I will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience throughout the process.

Kind regards,
Riffaz.

February 17, 2020 at 8:23 am #5505307

Riffaz

Hello again and thank you very much for waiting.

I got a confirmation from the ATE team that there was an ATE database-related issue and that this should not happen anymore with any new translation jobs that you create from now on.

Also, in around 1 hour, we will be able to recover all the already-sent translation jobs that failed initially.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you once again for your patience.

PS: If this will ever take place again, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,
Riffaz.

February 17, 2020 at 3:23 pm #5508635

bengtR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!