Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikolajW 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 3:05 am

nikolajW

Hello,

see video for details.
hidden link

Basically I updated a page by changing and adding strings, but they aren't reflected visually in the Advanced Translation Editor.

Where I can flush the cache and refresh the view?

Regards

September 26, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4648379

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

It seems to me as the Translation Editor is updated now. Was this a temporary issue or did you have to take any further actions in order to solve it?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 29, 2019 at 1:25 am #4659463

nikolajW

Hi,

your screenshot shows clearly that the issue maintains.
There is no change so far. Still old and missing strings.

Regards

September 30, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4665981

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have created a draft test page and translated with ATE. Then I updated the page and the changes have been transmitted to the Translation Editor as expected.
(See screenshot)

Was the issue solved with the latest updates?

If not, could you please provide me links for the pages where the ATe does not update the strings?

Kind regards
Andreas

October 1, 2019 at 2:23 am #4668219

nikolajW

Hey,

the latest update 2.5.3 sadly didn't fix may issue.
Here is the page: hidden link

See video for demonstration.
hidden link

Regards

October 1, 2019 at 10:50 pm #4675623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I realized now that the Divi section admin labels and options are copied by default when translating and the only option to translate them is by editing the translated pages manually.

On a test site with a new WordPress install, this solved the issue, but the page did not scroll on the translation.
On your site, I see that the first menu section is not working while it does work on the second menu section (Example: B2B) The page even scrolls, which did not work on mz new test environment.
The reason might be that here the same ID name is used. Maybe you could try to translate the IDs manually, by going to the WordPress page editor for the homepage and switching the admin language in the top admin bar to English. Now click "edit anyway" on the pop-up and start editing the page.

Another solution might be to use the same ID for all pages, which would result also in the same slugs for each section.

I have escalated the issue to our compatibility team and I will be in contact as soon I receive feedback. Please try to translate manually or adjust the IDs respectively.

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 2, 2019 at 12:40 am #4675803

nikolajW

Ok, thank you for the advise.

I hope this issue may be solved very soon.

Regards

October 3, 2019 at 8:28 pm #4691355

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Our compatibility team will be investigating the issue and as soon I will be able to provide a workaround or fix I will be in contact.

Final fixed will need to be included in the plugin and/or theme updates.

We hope for your understanding and ask you kindly for some patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 8, 2019 at 5:44 am #4712367

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay. The compatibility team provided feedback and actually the issue was solved on our test site, after translating the URLs and menu items on String Translation.

Here is what I did on your site:

1) WPML -> WP Menus Sync -> in order to sync menu items between languages
2) Translate URLs and items with String Translation (domain: hauptmenue)

The issue here was, that the CSS classes are created in German and that the English page uses the same German class titles. In order to change this, you will need to declare English class names in the page builder for the English page and apply the respective changes on String Translation.
Further, the same IDs will need to be applied under Appearance -> Menus for each menu item.

The menu is working now. I applied the regarding changes for you.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 8, 2019 at 7:13 am #4712723

nikolajW

Hello,

before I created this ticket, I already applied all translations manually.

The biggest issue here is, that the advanced translation editor isn't showing the updated strings of the page.

Regards

October 9, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4724443

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have added the following markup at WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config> <shortcodes> <shortcode> <tag>et_pb_section</tag> <attributes> <attribute>module_id</attribute> </attributes> </shortcode> </shortcodes> </wpml-config>

Then I had to go to the homepage and give an update to at least one of the page elements containing a link or update the ID´s be resaving them. This is necessary in order for WPML to recognize the changes.

The IDs are now showing up on the translation editor.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 11, 2019 at 7:15 am #4735919

nikolajW

Perfect, it works! 😀
Is this something I must add everytime I make a website or will this be included automatically in the future update?

Regards

October 11, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4739869

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello

I am glad to hear that everything is working now.

This data is based on the wpml-confg.xml for the Divi Theme which is one of our remote repositories.

The shortcode will be added by our developers shortly and the element will be translated without any additional tasks.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 14, 2019 at 4:49 am #4746917

nikolajW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 19, 2019 at 7:31 am #4786865

nikolajW

Hey,

the code for the Custom XML is not including the rows.
I shifted the strings from the Section to the Row ID and now the string isn't anymore visible in the translation editor. 😛

Please adjust the Code for the Custom XML with the rows and the modules included.

Thank you very much!