This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
March 28, 2019 at 11:19 am

dietmarF-5

I am trying to: Translate a German website to English WPML Advanced editor is turned on. Only de activated for the sites where I am

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Have already corrected them manually

I expected to see:
1. The advanced tranlation editor as it was before the update (colorful and nice to handle)
2. The same site as in German, only in English

Instead, I got:
1. An Ediror with blocks whereI have to edit complete texts in the block highlighted in green when translated see screenshots attached
2. On the English site, the sentences are is put directly one after the other without any pragraphs or additional lines.

March 28, 2019 at 5:22 pm #3484361

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @dietmarf-5, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

It seems that this page is using the Classic Translation Editor instead of the Advanced Translation Editor. If you create a new page then transalte it, it will open using the classic or the advanced translation editor?

You can try the following:
- Go to WPML > Setting > How to translate posts and pagess
- On "Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editor", select "Switch to using the Advanced Translation Editor (old translations may be unusable)"
- Save

Please note that you may need to create the translations again. So make sure to create a backup of the website before testing. This way you can restore if anything goes wrong.

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

April 11, 2019 at 8:14 am #3584779

dietmarF-5

I've never touched the settings of the WPML Editor. Please find attached screenshot.
The behaviour is only occurring on some sites.
It started out of the blue.

Best regards

April 11, 2019 at 6:44 pm #3592169

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Please click on the button to syncronize translations (see screenshot). After that please check if the issue still occurs or if it displays a error message. If so, Please send us a screenshot.

Kind regards,
Diego