This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.37 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4395665

reimundK

I am trying to: Change the source of the new translation I'm trying to make with the WPML Advance Translation Editor. F.ex. my initial source is English, but I want it to change to German due to issues with the English translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: no specific website, this is a WPML plugin issues

I expected to see: I simply was looking for changing / modifying settings

Instead, I got: I was not able to see any options to change the issue mentioned above

Thank you

August 14, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4395707

reimundK

The change of the source only applies to a few of my website's pages. It would be great to be able to change the source manually for every page, in case I started translating with a "bad" source.

August 15, 2019 at 10:05 am #4400083

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As of now, WPML does not support the changing of the language of a post/page. You will have to create new pages/posts in the new default language. Then you can open translations in the secondary language manually(native WordPress Editor) and choose in the Language Metabox, the original page/post, as described in the attached images.
1. open-in-native-editor.png
2. edit-anyway.png
3. choose-it-is-a-translation-of.png

You can still ask this feature using this form https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support