Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
December 6, 2023 at 6:19 am #15003883

mkt@uprtek

I am trying to: Use Advanced Translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Problem is not on screen, its in Adv. Translation
but the link is:
hidden link

I expected to see: Advanced Translation (pencil)

Instead, I got: Avdaved Translation (gear)

wpml-advanced-xlation-gear.jpg
December 6, 2023 at 10:25 am #15006251

mkt@uprtek

Now when I click on one of the gear icons, it takes me to the Translations Queue screen - see image. I don't remember this happening before.

wpml-translations-queue.jpg
December 6, 2023 at 11:15 am #15006933

mkt@uprtek

I saw this workaround - shall I try it? Is it safe?

https://wpml.org/errata/clicking-on-the-translation-icon-redirects-to-wpml-translations-instead-of-ate/

December 6, 2023 at 11:34 am #15007067

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having and will try my best to assist you in this matter.

The gear icon indicates that the translation is underway but not yet finished. This icon appears if the translation process is interrupted or if you exit the editor without saving the translation. Please try the following steps and check if that helps to solve the issue.

- Please take a full backup of the site and database
- Now, go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.
- Click on the button mentioned in this screenshot: hidden link [Before clicking another button, please wait till the first process gets finished]
- Once done, please open the default page in WordPress Editor.
- Make a small change in the title and save the changes. This will trigger a translation update.
- Now, proceed to update the Translation. Make sure to 100% complete the translation and save it.

Please let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

December 6, 2023 at 12:07 pm #15007245

mkt@uprtek

OK, I will try it now. Thank you.

December 6, 2023 at 2:42 pm #15008883

mkt@uprtek

Thank you Prosenjit, it worked perfectly! Sam

December 7, 2023 at 3:01 am #15012989

mkt@uprtek

Prosenjit, although your instructions fixed the problem, it's continuing to happen as I add and edit posts. I can fix the problem with your instructions, but the same thing will happen again.

December 7, 2023 at 6:19 am #15013093

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Glad to hear that the suggestion worked!

Just so you know, when you update a post, you should see an update icon (you can find the meaning of the icons here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translation-icons) to update the translation, not a gear icon.

If you are still noticing a gear icon, it might be due to the caches since you're using optimization plugins on your site. Could you please clear the caches from both the site and your browser, and then check again?

If the problem continues even after clearing the caches, please share the link to the specific page or post where you're experiencing the error during translation. Also, please go to "WPML > Support ↳ Advance Translation Editor → Error logs" and share a screenshot of the page. While taking the screenshot, please make sure that all the column information is visible. I will check and let you know what to do next.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

mkt@uprtek confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-14 01:15:57.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.