This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolasF-19 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 4:18 pm

nicolasF-19

Hi,

I am trying to:
Keep a consistent CSS between translated pages and original pages. I'm using Advanced Translator & WP Bakery (using the theme Betheme).

I've already adapted the settings in WPML for the translation of custom Fields : mfn-post-custom-layout --> copied. This had fixed the issue for some page (e.g. the homepage) but most of my pages still have the issue.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
- page in original language (FR) : hidden link
- page in translated language using Advanced Translator (NL) : hidden link

example 2 :
- page in original language (FR) : hidden link
- page in translated language using Advanced Translator (NL) : hidden link

I expected to see:
the same CSS applied.

Instead, I got:
missing CSS for e.g. the "page title header" & missing "html element" in WP Bakery that give the diagonal section.

August 28, 2019 at 4:26 am #4471111

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Nicolas,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked both pages you attached but I could see no CSS to the Custom CSS field at the end of the page. Can you tell me I should check a different field maybe? Also, I couldn't access the translation of the pages. Can you tell me if you made any change in the meantime on this, please? I just want to have a look at the issue and help you get it fixed.

Thanks,
Radu

August 28, 2019 at 9:41 am #4472873

nicolasF-19

Hi Radu,

The translation is currently hidden for normal user/visitor. I forgot to activate this for you. This is now done. Can you check again please ?

Also, I haven't change anything.

Thanks

August 28, 2019 at 9:46 am #4472899

nicolasF-19

Regarding your question "I just checked both pages you attached but I could see no CSS to the Custom CSS field at the end of the page."

The CSS I mentionned isn't in the CSS field at the end of the page but defined in the WP Bakery Element in the builder. To try to fix this, I followed the following solution : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpbakery-page-builder-css-and-menu-issues/.

August 28, 2019 at 10:27 am #4473277

nicolasF-19

I have another issue with Advanced Translator :
On the homepage, the text appears translated in the Translator in the overview step (just before redelivering the translation, see screenshot) but part of the text still appears in original language (French). In the past, it used to work correctly (I don't know when it changed but for your info, at some point, I migrated the site from developpement url to live & current url). Also I use this section in other pages and there it's fine.

Do you want me to create another ticket ?

August 28, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4475831

nicolasF-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!