Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm

jean-maximilienV-2

I am trying to: translate with advanced translator

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: 929 words - all the blocks

Instead, I got: 118 words - only a few blocks

September 10, 2019 at 6:14 pm
September 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4554227

jean-maximilienV-2

I may have found an issue with Redis cache system:
- I flushed the cache
- I made a minor modification in source post
- And now everything appears in classic / advanced translator.

Do you have an idea what could be the issue there ?

September 11, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4554671

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for allowing me some further time to debug. I saw that this post was waiting for a translator. Perhaps it was edited after being sent to translation? I went to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs and cancelled the job. Then, I went to the original page and made any small change and clicked Update. Now, when I try to translate the page, I see all of the content in the WPML editor.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 11, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4554845

jean-maximilienV-2

Like I told you just before, I think there is an issue with Redis Cache. I flushed it, and everyhting came back to normal (all the contents were available for translation).

Do you have any idea what it could be?

September 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4555461

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

We don't have any confirmed bugs that I can see. I did find this similar ticket, but our developers were unable to reproduce in a fresh install. However, you may try the workaround as suggested here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-translation-management-conflict-with-redis/

They fixed it by adding the cache group WPML_TM_ICL_Translations::translations to the WP_REDIS_IGNORED_GROUPS array which makes it bypass the Redis caching mechanism.

Let me know if that workaround works for you.