We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm

jean-maximilienV-2

I am trying to: translate with advanced translator

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: 929 words - all the blocks

Instead, I got: 118 words - only a few blocks

September 10, 2019 at 6:14 pm
September 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4554227

jean-maximilienV-2

I may have found an issue with Redis cache system:
- I flushed the cache
- I made a minor modification in source post
- And now everything appears in classic / advanced translator.

Do you have an idea what could be the issue there ?

September 11, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4554671

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for allowing me some further time to debug. I saw that this post was waiting for a translator. Perhaps it was edited after being sent to translation? I went to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs and cancelled the job. Then, I went to the original page and made any small change and clicked Update. Now, when I try to translate the page, I see all of the content in the WPML editor.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 11, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4554845

jean-maximilienV-2

Like I told you just before, I think there is an issue with Redis Cache. I flushed it, and everyhting came back to normal (all the contents were available for translation).

Do you have any idea what it could be?

September 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4555461

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

We don't have any confirmed bugs that I can see. I did find this similar ticket, but our developers were unable to reproduce in a fresh install. However, you may try the workaround as suggested here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-translation-management-conflict-with-redis/

They fixed it by adding the cache group WPML_TM_ICL_Translations::translations to the WP_REDIS_IGNORED_GROUPS array which makes it bypass the Redis caching mechanism.

Let me know if that workaround works for you.