This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 3:33 pm #3665643

Simon

Hi

I'd like to use the AMS on a website I'm developing.
But when I open a page for translation, it shows me the message, that I'm not allowed to use AMS.
(I am the administrator myself)

When I visit the AMS-settings, I have access.
But what I noticed is, that the URL under websites (on ams.wpml.org) is still the development url. I don't find a way to change this url, as I don't know where I should get a migration code.

Can you please change the URL (dev.paxion.ch to hidden link) and tell me if this could be the problem, I'm not allowed to access AMS for translating pages.

April 23, 2019 at 8:24 pm #3667569

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. We store the website URL in AMS, but we are not using it at all. We are only displaying it. So having an "incorrect" website URL does not block translation managers/translators from accessing AMS/ATE.

In your third screenshot, clicking the button to synchronize the ATE, any error message is displayed? Or can the user translate correctly after following these steps?

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 4:36 am #3669263

Simon

When I click the button to synchronize, there is a spinning wheel for some seconds and that's all. No message or error.

But I'm still not able to use the ATE at all. I have no other translators at the moment.

There is only this notice, that I have to ask myself to give me access to the editor.

April 24, 2019 at 10:41 am #3671681

Simon

It's very strange. I try again today and now I'm redirected to e.ate.wpml.org, but most of the already translated strings are missing.

- We did translation with iCanLocalize
- The translated page appears correctly for public
- When I open the translation editor, only a few strings are translated

What can I do?

April 24, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3672897

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

The translations that are on your site are not copied to the ATE. Note that ATE is different from the Standard Translation Editor.

ATE sends the translated strings to your site after they are made, but the inversion does not happen - the translated strings on your site are not sent to the ATE. Probably these strings being displayed are strings that have already been translated using the ATE itself.

Completely translating a new page with ATE, is the content translated and displayed correctly?