This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 6, 2015 at 8:11 am #572237

Régis

Hi WPML team!
I want to export 'Stores', a custom post type, from a website to another one.

Stores in the first Website are either French or Dutch since they represent "real" stores in France or in Netherland. So there are no store in both languages.

I've created a second website (multilingual, also in french and dutch) and I want to export then reimport some stores from the original website, but not all of them (eg. Only 2014 stores from the dutch language).

Can you tell me how can I proceed?
I haven't found a tool yet which fit my needs 🙁

Thanks in advance!

March 6, 2015 at 5:33 pm #572702

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I'm not sure if there is a plugin to do what you want.

As this is very specific, may be you will have to do custom coding or do it manually.

If you need custom programming work for your site, we recommend contacting one of our certified partners: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Thank you.

March 9, 2015 at 11:19 am #573547

Régis

Hi Bruno,
OK, I can do that if there is no existing tool.

Can you just tell me if I can find somewhere a documentation explaining how WPML tables work?
I'm sure I can do an export but I must be sure to not forget some table.

Regards.

March 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm #573948

Bruno
Supporter

We have a step by step guide explaining how the WPML tables work: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

March 10, 2015 at 3:56 pm #574775

Régis

One question more.
Do you know if I can import with a SQL Query only posts (wp_posts) and then, in a second time, assign them to a language (here it won't be the main language).
Is there a way to do this assignment in WordPress admin?
It's quite the same thing I've already asked myself when by mistake, I've created a post while in wrong language. Can I change a post language after its creation.
Can I do that?

March 10, 2015 at 8:07 pm #575098

Bruno
Supporter

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.