This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client would like to set up an easy to manage, user friendly URL format.

Solution: Languages in directories is an easy format that does not require custom work. The settings can be set in WPML -> Languages in the URL Format section.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4402465

davidN-51

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Im setting up WPML and do not know what URL structure to use. It's a new website so want to pick the best URL structure for search engines to understand, but also something which is easy for me (as I am not a devloper). I would prefer not to have a website where you have to select the language before you enter the site. I find that always a distraction. Anyhow, maybe you can help me!

Is "language name added as a parameter" a bad option for SEO? Are there any down sides to it?

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes yours.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? Noted above but it is in development.

August 15, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4402557

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I have converted our chat to a ticket so that you will have access to it from your profile. Have a great day!