This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 3:45 pm

shaneM-7

I am trying to:
Change Custom Fields Translation in Settings so that the AFC appear in the translator and frontend.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
On my WP admin

I expected to see:
When I click save for it to remember my settings

Instead, I got:
"Data Saved" then the old settings remain

Desired end result:
All elements (mostly Included and Optional are the ones I am having issues with) to be delayed on the french version.

hidden link
hidden link

I have set up a test site for you to look about on, the link to the live site is:
hidden link

August 29, 2019 at 9:52 am #4479557

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please visit this link where you will find our official documentation about ACF: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Kind regards,
Carlos

September 3, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4505485

shaneM-7

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately I have followed the steps in the documentation and still getting 'Error: data not saved' when modifying the repeater field "_modules" to copy. (As suggested in the guide).

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Kind regards,
Tom

September 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4507041

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your feedback.

I can't give you an answer with the information I have right now. That's why I would like to ask you to activate the debug mode by following the steps described in this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress and let me know if there is any error message in the debug.log file after reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Carlos