This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by R. 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3834317

R.

I am trying to: activate string translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not visible at the moment because I had to deactivate it.

I expected to see: that the plugin works without any difficulties.

Instead, I got:An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 19 of the file /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/slug-translation/wpml-st-slug-translation-settings-factory.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML_ST_Tax_Slug_Translation_Setsings' not found in /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/slug-translation/wpml-st-slug-translation-settings-factory.php:19
Stack trace:
#0 /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/slug-translation/wpml-slug-translation-factory.php(23): WPML_ST_Slug_Translation_Settings_Factory->create('taxonomy')
#1 /www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(139): WPML_Slug_Translation_Factory->create()
#2 /www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(87): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->run_factory(Object(WPML_Slug_Translation_Factory))
#3 /www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(47): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->load_factory('WPML_Slug_Trans...')
#4 /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/wpml-string-translation.class

May 17, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3834437

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

The issue seems like the String Translation plugin is missing some important function, this might be due to an incomplete download. Please try to install a fresh copy of String Translation downloaded from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ . Delete the already existing String translation plugin and update the latest.

Please let me know the results.

kind regards
Raja

May 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3834473

R.

That did the trick, thank you!