Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 9:59 am #3746731

kimL-2

I am trying to: activate WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: working website

Instead, I got: white screen and below error from error_log

[06-May-2019 09:19:53 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'point265_wpsivu.wp_icl_languages' doesn't exist for query
SELECT
l.code,
l.id,
english_name,
nt.name AS native_name,
major,
active,
default_locale,
encode_url,
tag,
lt.name AS display_name
FROM wp_icl_languages l
JOIN wp_icl_languages_translations nt
ON ( nt.language_code = l.code AND nt.display_language_code = l.code )
LEFT OUTER JOIN wp_icl_languages_translations lt ON l.code=lt.language_code
WHERE
( lt.display_language_code = 'fi'
OR (lt.display_language_code = 'en'
AND NOT EXISTS ( SELECT *
FROM wp_icl_languages_translations ls
WHERE ls.language_code = l.code
AND ls.display_language_code = 'fi' ) ) )
GROUP BY l.code
ORDER BY english_name ASC made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_String_Translation->init_active_languages, SitePress->get_languages, WPML_Installation->refresh_active_lang_cache

May 6, 2019 at 11:29 am #3747663

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

It seems like a WPML table is missing in the database, or there was an old WPML install on the site that was not uninstalled correctly.

If this is the case, try these steps:
❌ Before proceeding please make a database backup! ❌

- Open your database using PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool.
- Open the wp_options table
- Search for this option:

icl_sitepress_version

- Delete that option
- If you wish to remove the old WPML options saved in the database, search and delete the following option:

icl_sitepress_settings

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further help.

Thank you