Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by veronikaK-2 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
February 2, 2015 at 12:19 pm #552696

veronikaK-2

After adding 3rd language (english) to the website, I am getting errors displayed on top of the page both in back end and front end:

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/nfsmnt/hosting2_2/b/6/b66b16f7-40bb-4ea1-bfa8-46ddf41f1c75/ekofarmavazec.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/installer/repositories.xml" in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/b/6/b66b16f7-40bb-4ea1-bfa8-46ddf41f1c75/ekofarmavazec.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/installer/includes/installer.class.php on line 381

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/b/6/b66b16f7-40bb-4ea1-bfa8-46ddf41f1c75/ekofarmavazec.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/installer/includes/installer.class.php on line 383

Tried to hide the 3rd language (english) - Error: Data not saved.

WPML - downloaded and installed last week, reinstalled it today again, just in case, no help
WP - up to date

Site: hidden link

Thank you.

February 2, 2015 at 4:46 pm #552994

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello Veronika

Thanks for the Debug Infos

I see a few things that need attention:

Your Strings Language is SK instead of EN.

Please can you change the Strings Language in WPML > String translations?
Also make sure all your strings are originally save in English.
You will then afterwards translate them to your other languages via WPML > String Translations.

Afterwards, please can you try the following:

1. Enable Theme Twenty Fourteen
2. Disable ALL Plugins BUT WPML + AddOns

Please then check if you can save new languages and if the error still appears.

Please let me know which plugin you have to re-enalbe to get the error again.

Thank you

February 3, 2015 at 7:44 am #553278

veronikaK-2

Thank you, it was the string translations, no errors now.

Thanks again and sry for confusing the system 🙂