This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garthH 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 7:31 pm #2854141

garthH

When buying a membership and selecting the option of paying with cheque or e-transfer in the French version of the website, everything is translated including the confirmation email and account creation email.

Once I go in the backend to review orders and change any order to "Completed", an email is automatically sent out to the client saying that the order is been completed. However, this email goes in English instead of French.

Is there a way to select which language I want the email to be sent out?

October 29, 2018 at 7:44 pm #2859379

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The email will be sent in the language that the user made the purchase in. The email content can be translated at WPML -> String Translation. Have you translated that string?

Also, Please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

October 30, 2018 at 11:54 am #2861506

garthH

Thanks for your reply. I looked into the String Translation and all the emails, including the "Completed Order" are translated (see image attached).

Every other email is being sent in the language that the user made the purchase, only the "Completed Order" email is not.

I also checked the WP memory and it's already 256M.

October 30, 2018 at 1:52 pm #2862090

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for the additional information. From your screenshot, it looks like this translation is coming from a .po/.mo file. If you go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization, please make sure you have selected one of the options that loads. mo files. You can also copy and paste the content that is highlighted in yellow and paste it into the translation field below it, check the box "use my translation", mark it as complete and click save.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

October 30, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2862650

garthH

Thanks, it worked!

October 30, 2018 at 4:13 pm #2862651

garthH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!