This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 11:59 am #4504141

pasiS-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I had the site 100% ready with three languages. English, estonian and Russian. I have my clients users that were set up as Editors. Once they started editing the different pages the pages were lost. For example the front page is at the moment lost. How it works page in estonian was lost but once I re made it the old one re appeared. This is very strange. The footer on my site is made with UX blocks. The estonian version of this has also gone missing.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

taskus.ee

September 3, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4505775

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

What do you mean by "lost"? Do you mean to say that it is not visible on the backend dashboard or the frontend either?

Are your editors setup as "translators" in the Translation Managenent system?
Are these editors able to setup a new page and translate it?

Thanks for the clarifications.

September 3, 2019 at 10:19 pm #4507395

pasiS-2

Hello,

Yes they are able to create page. I am using flatsome with the ux builder. I have been working on this the whole day. The issues also happen with my full admin user. The whole website is totally messed up. The pages keep doing crazy stuff. It seams that there is no logic behind it. So i might go and edit a page with the ux builder and once I save the page in under a different language. Or it might make a copy of it under a different language. Once I delete it something else might also disappear on the siteIT might also be that the content has changed with another languages content. Also the " translate independantly" is some times active and sometimes not. At the moment the site works like it is suppposed to. As soon as I start changing stuff weird stuff starts to happen. When I edit UX blocks the block might disappear and create 4 new ones with the same name. Most of them are then not editable.

The site is live and we can not freely conduct tests on the site.
I have used wmpl several times and the situation is very strange at the moment.

Any ideas?

September 4, 2019 at 9:16 am #4509623

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm. What you describe is indeed erratic and not expected/normal.

1. Live Site
You wrote: "...At the moment the site works like it is suppposed to. .."
Response: Ok - so, let´s not disturb this state.

2. Next STeps
Please send me a copy of your site as per this article:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I can then install this on a local server and do testing.
I am opening the private area for you to send me a downloadable link for the Duplicator package. Please use a file sharing service like WeTransfer to send the actual files.

Does this approach sound reasonable to you?

September 4, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4511005

pasiS-2

Please try to make some changes with editor right. You can for example go and edit the footer block in all three languages separately. Something should then happen

September 4, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4512473

pasiS-2

I mean please use a user with the "editor" permisions

September 5, 2019 at 9:35 am #4517813

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve been doign some testing on the local copy I have and here are my observations:

- the translation process with UX blocks only seems to work if the user had administrator priveleges

- Even with the WPML modules deactivated, when I attempt to open the UX builder when using an "editor" profile, I am unable to see any blocks. I only see a blank page.

Is this your experience as well?

It is my suspicion that the fact that an "editor" does not have full access/priveleges to the UX builder is behind the unusual behaviour.

If the "editor" role is sufficient to use the UX builder, I think then, the whole tranlsation process will work.

I wait for your comments on these observations.

September 6, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4525711

pasiS-2

Hello,

Yes the issue come the issue come from the "editor" roles. Editors should be able to access ux builder. An edit texts. Any idea on how we can get these editors working?

I can not give them admin access. Are there some wmpl settings that can be changed.

September 6, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4526133

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You wrote: "...Yes the issue come the issue come from the "editor" roles. Editors should be able to access ux builder. An edit texts. Any idea on how we can get these editors working?..."

As this problem seems to be present even without WPML installed, I think you need to approach Flatsome authors to get this resolved.

Do you agree?

The topic ‘[Closed] After changing the main language, user set as editors break the page. Pages that’ is closed to new replies.