This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
August 30, 2018 at 11:23 pm #2692014

qianZ-2

I am trying to install WPML 4.0.6 with WordPress 4.9.8 and Enfold 4.2.6, and I get the error:

"WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed..."

I then go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate language". A popup says done, but I still see the "WPML is missing some records..."

I've done this multiple times and even tried manually deleting all wp_icl tables from the database.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm not seeing any errors from my error logs either with WP_DEBUG true.

August 31, 2018 at 1:36 am #2692178

Ricardo Alday

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

If this is a new WPML installation with no existing translation yet you can try this procedure:
- Make a full site backup just in case.
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins.
- Reset WPML by following the steps below:
WPML >> Support -> Click on troubleshooting page link -> Scroll down to the end of the page -> Choose I am about to reset all translation and language data -> Click Reset

Please note that this solution works with WPML new installation only, since the reset option will delete all WPML tables and accordingly any translations you have on your website if you have any.
-Reactivate all non-WPML plugins

Let me know if that helps,
Ricardo

August 31, 2018 at 10:47 pm #2695160

qianZ-2

I tried that too, and it still results in "WPML is missing some records..." Any other ideas?

September 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm #2700448

Ricardo Alday

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

September 17, 2018 at 9:15 pm #2742642

Ricardo Alday

Do you have any restrictions for adding new plugins? I tried to install the Duplicator plugin so I could download a copy of your database and files to run some tests locally.

The topic ‘[Closed] After "Clear language information…" still get error "is missing some records "’ is closed to new replies.