Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
July 20, 2015 at 8:55 am #662313

ferjoltO

Hello,
After i updatet wpml to 3.1.9.7 and WP to 4.2.2, my server is blocked and my site is not working: taking too long to load. I have a dedicated server with only this domain, that has 16 cores and 16GB of Ram, and in the website are just 15-30 visitors online. I cannot enter to dashboard until i restart mysqld via ssh. While, in htop command on ssh i see that all 16 cores are 100% and i have many mysql activities. This happened just after the update. I don't know what's going on but i suppose that it's something related to WPML, since i have had this kind of problems some times ago, also after an update.
I have tried to change the theme and the problem persists. I have disabled all the widgets that makes queries on the db, and the problem persists.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

Hope you can help ASAP since the website is a news agency that supposed to be online all the time 🙁

July 20, 2015 at 9:05 am #662321

ferjoltO

That's the printscreen of htop.
Please, help me.

July 20, 2015 at 9:11 am #662328

ferjoltO

Query Monitor says:
==========================
Component SELECT SHOW UPDATE Time
Plugin: sitepress-multilingual-cms 20 2 1 40.1854
Theme 46 0.0207
Plugin: wp-pagenavi 1 0.0083
Plugin: responsive-lightbox 2 0.0067
Plugin: cloudflare 1 0.0062

server-htop.jpg
July 20, 2015 at 8:01 pm #662901

ferjoltO

Any help please?

July 21, 2015 at 2:09 am #662991

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for reporting your issue.
Are you able to disable all your plugins? I see you're using WPML 3.1.9.7 may I kindly ask you to update it to the latest version 3.2.2?
https://wpml.org/2015/06/wpml-3-2-released/
You can download it from the download section of your wpml.org account.

Remember to backup your database and website first before you proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please let me know.
Regards,
Maciej

July 21, 2015 at 8:56 am #663154

ferjoltO

Hello,
I have updated it to 3.2.2 and the problem persists. Many downtimes and too many times the site takes to much to load. When the editors wants to go the the Posts list on the dashboard, it takes also too much to load. On query monitor i see this:
Plugin: sitepress-multilingual-cms 60 (select) 2(show) 4.0043(time)
If you want, i can set up query monitor for you to check it by yourself, or can create a user.
Thank you!

July 22, 2015 at 3:42 pm #664385

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I would also recommend to backup your database and website first before we proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
Regards,
Maciej

July 31, 2015 at 7:06 am #670676

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for the login details.
Does this also happen when you disable all non-related to WPML plugins?
Have you tried to use the W3TC plugin instead of WP Super Cache?
https://wpml.org/2011/03/wpml-with-w3tc/

I see you are using also a quiet old version 5.1.73 of MySQL, are you able to update it to a newer version?
Please let me know.

Regards,
Maciej

August 2, 2015 at 6:21 pm #671700

ferjoltO

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I'm using WP Super Cache, I'm using cloudflare for minify and other cache and speed actions. Also, everything works super fast when i disable WPML plugins 🙁
About Mysql, i don't know if it can upgrade it since the mysql is part and a module of control panel of the server. I'll check and let you know. Any other suggestion?
Thank you!

August 3, 2015 at 9:08 am #671961

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

My name is Mladen, and I will take care of this ticket, hope it's okay.

I just checked your website and I can't see any slow queries made by WPML. You can always check "Queries by component" and check "Plugin: sitepress-multilingual-cms" in Backend as well as Front end.

I can't confirm any slowness there. Can you please check again? Maybe you have updated SQL as my colleague suggested?

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] After i have updatet wpml to 3.1.9.7 and WP to 4.2.2, everything is blocked.’ is closed to new replies.