Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 4, 2019 at 3:16 pm

seanM-19

I am trying to: Use WPML to translate my X Theme Pro Site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: boxes to translate the content elements on pages

Instead, I got: shortcodes displaying the element names

March 4, 2019 at 3:48 pm
March 4, 2019 at 5:43 pm #3270169

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for your patience while I continued troubleshooting. I set up the Pro theme on a fresh install but I was unable to reproduce the issue. Please see the test site here, and I used the Sample Page as a test:
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 5bBPi9Zd31zH

Could you please check to make sure my install has the same settings as yours? Also check your settings on WPML -> Settings and maybe something there is different between your site and the test site that can point us in the right direction.

March 4, 2019 at 8:52 pm #3270588

seanM-19

Lauren,

I went through and made sure all my settings matched the sandbox you sent. I still have the same issue when going to the page to translate.

The images attached show the only things I noticed to be different from the two setups.

1. In Settings, my setup shows a multitude of Custom Fields and yours doesn't show any.
2. In Page Edit Translation, my page displays "Body" where yours displays "Page Builder" .

Can you help me figure out what is affecting this difference on my site? Should I inactivate and uninstall WPML and do a clean Install?

March 6, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3279774

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sharing screenshots. I noticed that I have an older version of the theme. Could you please install the version that you are using on the testing site that I set up? Then, resave the original page and check to see if the translation shows the content.

March 7, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3284886

seanM-19

I don't have an available X Theme Pro license to use. All my licenses are used on production sites.

March 7, 2019 at 8:11 pm #3286776

Lauren
Supporter

I was able to locate and update to the latest version and I still am not able to reproduce the issue. Furthermore, I created a new page on your site named "test". WHen I translate it, I can see the content that I added to the page in the Translation Editor. Please check it out and let me know if you see the title field and the text field that I added.

Can you tell me on the pages that are not showing the content in the translation editor, did you create them before this page builder was activated? Can you think of anything different that was done when these page were created, versus me creating a new one? Perhaps with or without Gutenberg activated?

March 8, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3292636

seanM-19

I see the page builder for the new page. I also tried cloning a page and see if that would somehow activate the translate page builder elements, but it did not.

This entire site was created before we installed the WPML plugin.

March 8, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3295760

Lauren
Supporter

How did you clone a page? Did you use the copy page feature? Could you please try copying and pasting the shortcode into the body content of a new page and see if that works?

Also, I understand the content was created before WPML. I"m asking if the page builder was installed after the pages were created?

March 11, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3313107

seanM-19

Can you give me some direction on copying and pasting the shortcode into the body content to copy a page? I just cloned the page before and it did not work.

I am not sure when Gutenberg was activated during our build process. Is this the page builder you are referring to?

March 11, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3313901

Lauren
Supporter

I'm not referring to Gutenberg, I'm referring to the page editor that comes with your Theme.

You can see the shortcode by clicking on the "Text" tab when you edit a page. Please see attached screenshot for clarification.

March 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3314137

seanM-19

X Theme Pro was used from the start to build the site.

Copying the shortcode does not work to replicate a page in X Theme Pro.

March 11, 2019 at 4:51 pm
March 11, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3314921

Lauren
Supporter

I have sent you a private reply. Please let me know once the migration has been completed and I will further troubleshoot.

March 12, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3328391

seanM-19

The migration is complete.