This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pieroB-9 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 8:42 am #4236043

pieroB-9

I am trying to install for the first time the multilingual cms

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: it's in the backend

I expected to see the options page

Instead, I got:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WPML_XML2Array::run() in /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/utilities/xml2array.php:6 Stack trace: #0 /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config.php(213): icl_xml2array('<wpml-config>\n ...') #1 /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config.php(141): WPML_Config::check_on_config_file('WPML Multilingu...') #2 /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config.php(36): WPML_Config::load_plugins_wpml_config() #3 /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config.php(29): WPML_Config::load_config_run() #4 /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/transla in /home/pierobiz/public_html/zerodori.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/utilities/xml2array.php on line 6

July 18, 2019 at 9:14 am #4236519

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

=== Please backup your database and website ===

1. Temporary disable memcache option from ‘SG Optimizer’ plugin.
2. Complete WPML configuration steps.
3. Now you can enable memcache option from ‘SG Optimizer’ plugin.

I hope now you will not face any issue.

If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

July 18, 2019 at 9:54 am #4236941

pieroB-9

I tried to disable memcache and the entire plugin, also change theme to Nineteen default, but nothin, same error. Strange behaviour.

July 18, 2019 at 10:48 am #4237691

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

=== Please backup your database and website ===

1. If you have just installed plugin and configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

2. After deleting all WPML data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

OR

Please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This caused WPML to start over with set up.

Thank you

July 19, 2019 at 7:39 am #4244625

pieroB-9

I tried to disable every plugin installed and cleanup the wpml installation, but i got same XMLarray error.

July 19, 2019 at 7:52 am #4244721

pieroB-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!