This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After installed WPML, I keep crash when update my pages, widgets and so on. I would like to add the WPML site key when click the button save then stuck loading. When I click string translation and the website goes to ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.

Solution: This issue might be caused by:

• a low memory limit; make sure that the minimum requirement mentioned here are met: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
  • a plugin (or even the theme) that you're using might be causing this. In this, try to deactivate all the plugin except WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and see if the issue is still available.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jakC 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 9:32 am #4678345

jakC

Hi,

After installed wpml, I keep crash when update my pages, widgets and so on. I would like to add the wpml site key when click the button save then stuck loading.

When I click string translation and the website goes to ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.

Besides that, when I try to activate wpml other plugin will goes to hatal 500 error on admin cms until I go to file manager delete the plugin only able to access admin cms.

WHen I click appearance > customize then goes to another error also.

Please assist me asap. Thank you

October 2, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4681191

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jak,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Don't worry about this. I'm sure we'll be able to sort things out together.

Now, please try the following steps and tell me if you still have issues:

1. As I can see, the WP memory limit value is set to 40M. As you can see in the WPML requirements (https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/), this value should be at least 128M (256M is recommended). You can find here the way to increase this value https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php.

Once you did the change, just simply go to Dashboard → WPML → Support and see if the value for Memory limit changed.

2. Try deactivating all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons), activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and see if the issue is still available. Sometimes, this happens dues to a compatibility issue between WPML and a plugin (or the theme).

3. If the issue is still available, please add the following code to the wp-config.php file (through FTP):

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

This way we should be able to see a few more details about issue instead of a white page with a HTTP ERROR 500 message.

Please give this a try and let me know how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

October 3, 2019 at 3:22 am #4684311

jakC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you so much Radu for solve my problem !