This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 2:44 pm

annaP-19

I am trying to: Access Backend Plugin Area

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: http:://pizzaforbreakfast,it/wp-admin/plugins.php

I expected to see: My plugins page

Instead, I got: Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

May 10, 2019 at 3:35 pm #3786291

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please follow the next steps:

❌ Important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following the steps below ❌

- Disable WPML (after this, you should be able to access the plugins page again if WPML is the plugin that is causing this).
- Disable all the other plugins
- Enable WPML and see if the issue is still happening only with WPML enabled
- If it's not, enable plugins one by one and check each time to see when the issue starts to happen

- If the issue is still happening even when you have just WPML enabled, can you please also switch to a WordPress-default theme like Twentysixteen and then see if the issue is still happening?

Please let me know what you will be able to find.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week if you will answer tonight or in this weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 10, 2019 at 3:59 pm #3786399

annaP-19

Hi, Thank you for your answer.
I have already made a back up.
I would like to disable WPML as you suggest, but I can't have access to the plugin area, so the only option I have is to delete it using ftp. Shall I delete it?
I can't switch to another theme, because the access to Appearance Area is denied the same way it is for the Plugin Area.
Thank you
Regards

May 10, 2019 at 4:35 pm #3786735

annaP-19

Ok, I've double checked all the plugins, everything works fine untile I activate WPML Translation Management , which is what I need to translate Divi.
What can I do?
Regards

May 10, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3786947

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Instead of deleting it, I recommend that you rename the folder name and the plugin will be automatically disabled.

Please let me know how that goes and what you will be able to find out.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 10, 2019 at 5:32 pm #3787051

annaP-19

I've done it, everything is fine until I activate WPML Translation Management.
Please help
Thank you

May 13, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3798027

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for getting back to me.

Also, thank you for your patience.

I don't know what was the reason but it seems that I did not see this reply of yours (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-installing-i-have-no-more-access-to-plugin-section-2/#post-3786735) when I sent my reply.

The test that I need you to do is a bit different:

I want you to please leave enabled only the WPML plugins and see if everything works like that. If everything works fine, that's when I will need you to please enable all the other plugins, one by one, so that we can find out which of the plugins that you use are conflicting with the WPML plugin.

If you say that when you enable Translation Management, that's when the issue starts to happen, that means that there is at least one plugin that is conflicting with WPML Translation Management.

Can you please disable all the other plugins and leave only the WPML plugins enabled and only after that, start activating all the other plugins, but one by one, so that we can find out which one is conflicting with the WPML Translation Management plugin?

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] After installing I have no more access to plugin section’ is closed to new replies.