This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After translate a product, it shows the product is sold out on target language. Solution: This stock issue was resolved with WooCommerce Multilingual v 4.5.0

Author Posts
February 11, 2019 at 9:17 am #3181556

sergioB-24

I am trying to: Translate products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

That happened with all the products I recently translated.

I expected to see: Same product availability in both languages.

Instead, I got: out of inventory, no product availability. See images: English products are available but in Portuguese product is not available for purchase. No stock.

This is kind of urgent.

Regards,

Sergio Brandao Filho

February 12, 2019 at 4:28 am #3186584

sergioB-24

Hi,

(Urgent)

I really need your help on this issue (ticket), I got stuck and cannot upload the product to the store.

The link on the previous message now gives the option to buy the product, but DO NOT show the variations as you can see on the English version.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

February 12, 2019 at 11:24 am #3188090

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I apologize for a delay - our support load is a bit high at the moment, hence the response time is a bit longer than usual.

Are all your product attributes translated?

After translation of attributes is done, the related variations of the products in other languages need to be created as well. This is done by using the Synchronize attributes and update product variations button under the attribute tab.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#variations

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 12, 2019 at 3:07 pm #3189361

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

Before the last update, all the attributes and variations ware translated normally. I have about 200 products translated with no problem before.

Can you help me saying where is the "Synchronize attributes and update product variations button under the attribute tab."?

Regards,

February 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm #3189509

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It is here - see the image.

So what you're saying is that for each new product, even if you properly translated variations and these are visible in the backend of the product, they would not show up in the front end?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 12, 2019 at 3:58 pm #3189630

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

Let me explain what is going on:

- I get a new product in the original language. Variation is ok (see image)
- I go with the process of translation (see image)
- After translation, the product page shows but says is out of inventory and no variation appears. (see image)

As far as the synchronization, I went to that process last night, but in the color attribute, the synchronization gets stuck and not finish. I tried again, but still running.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

February 12, 2019 at 4:53 pm #3189916

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

You are using ATE to translate products, correct? Have you tried using CTE for any new product to see if the issue is also happening?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this information. Also, when the work on this ticket is done, please delete these temporary access credentials and/or update passwords.
You can use plugins such as Duplicator ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 15, 2019 at 8:54 am #3203543

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Sergio,

Can you tell me the following:
- is this issue happening if you try CTE and not ATE - can you try for at least one new product?

Another thing - when you say:
"but when you make any change in the original language and update the translation,"

What happens if you only update translation (within ATE), and not the original language, does it work then or you have to update both to get it working?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 16, 2019 at 4:21 am #3207470

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

When I translate using the CTE it works ok, all the attributes and variation are normal.

When I edit anything in the product page directly in the Portuguese page (without using CTE and ATE), the variation comes to normal.

Summarizing:

1- Make a translation from English to Portuguese using ATE, we have the problem.
2- Make a translation from English to Portuguese using CTE, we do NOT have the problem.
3- After translation with ATE, the attributes and variation do not show in the Portuguese page, but:
A) If I edit anything in the English page and update the translation, the attributes/variation comes to normal.
B) If I edit anything in the Portuguese page, the attributes/variation comes to normal.

If you have any other question, let me know.

Regards,

Sergio Brandao Filho

February 18, 2019 at 9:39 am #3210815

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Sergio,

Thank you very much for thorough testing! Let's try these things now:

- do you have WooCommerce Multilingual 4.4.2.1 installed? Perhaps the issue is not there any more (we should try this at least)
- if the issue is still present, please see my next private reply on how we will proceed

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 7:33 am #3340945

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to access the link on time. The problem actually is getting worse.

See the image attached:
The product stock in English says 39 in stock. After translation to Portuguese, the quantity of the stock is in blank and shows the product is not available when a customer clicks to add to cart.

The big problem for me is I generate a campaign for that product in Brazil and people cannot buy it.

I will need your help with this.

PS; When you say the problem would be the theme, I would like to tell you that before some all was working perfectly and the theme I'm using (Claue from JanStudio) is tested by WPML.

Thank you.

March 14, 2019 at 8:58 am #3341599

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you try this?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/stock-level-not-copied-when-creating-translation-of-produc/#post-3335915

And once you do this, open these new products (their originals) and click update and check stock on translations. Also try with the new products to see what happens.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3347947

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

First, I added the code in XML configuration (WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML configuration). After that, I tested but not worked. Now I'm running the sync product stock quantity and status, but is running for about 4 hours, but I guess it will take so long because of the 9124 items to synchronize. Too many, right?

Is that right to take that long?

The number of items remains the same since I started (9124).

See the attached image.

Regards,

March 15, 2019 at 5:32 am #3351401

sergioB-24

Hi Bruno,

Something very weird is happening. I have all day long until now running the sync and still running with no change. See the same image I sent on my previous message. Just to make sure, I interrupted once and started over again but nothing change. Is there any other way to sync the product stock quantity?

Regards,

March 15, 2019 at 8:49 am #3352041

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

If this product sync doesn't finish within minute or two, it most likely never will as it probably hit a timeout. This is something that requires specific debugging as it depends on how many PHP workers host allows, what is max execution time, etc. You could enable debug.log and check what happens (or open a Chrome console to see if hits admin ajax error 500 or similar).

However, I've created a test product (it is draft) and translated it, it seems to be in stock?
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos