This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices.

Last updated by doruR 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
March 13, 2018 at 4:16 pm

frankS-46

I am trying to:
Translate a page made with Elementor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
This is a test page I added and translated just now.

I expected to see:
The exact same HTML around my text

Instead, I got:
A p tag is added around the translated text, which creates a p inside a p, which is invalid HTML, so the CSS classes of the original p tag from Elementor are not applied.

It's the exact same problem as https://wpml.org/forums/topic/page-lay-out-not-identical/ but there was no solution

I tried to disable wpautop with the plugin wpautop control, but it did not help.

March 15, 2018 at 12:02 am #1546442

Ricardo Alday

Hi Frank,

Thanks for contacting support. I can replicate the issue on my test server and I have escalated the problem to our 2nd tier support team. I'll update you as soon as I get some feedback from them.

Thanks for your patience,
Ricardo

April 2, 2018 at 11:33 am #1562166

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tiers support.

This happens because WPML adding WP editor for translation of description which adds a P tag to the text as expected. We have escalated this to replace it with a normal textbox which will fix this issue and should be available in a future release of WPML.
Please let me know if you need a workaround for this.

Thanks

April 2, 2018 at 12:56 pm #1562248

frankS-46

Hello Sumit,

Thanks for the reply.

So the workaround is to make a custom XML config I guess. You can post it here if you want, for other users with the same problem.

But I don't need it at the moment. The site I am working on has been reduced considerably and I don't have this particular problem anymore.

Thanks for the help, also to Ricardo.

Cheers,
Frank

April 5, 2018 at 1:55 pm #1566077

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Frank,

For Elementor, we don't have wpml-config.xml file and we handle it using PHP code.
I am sharing the public issue link in case anyone needs workaround hidden link

Thanks

April 11, 2018 at 12:24 am #1588268

Teagan

Thank you Frank, Ricardo and Sumit for posting. I'm running into the same issue supporting translations in Elementor. We are using the 'editor_type' => 'VISUAL' and WPML seems to be injecting P tags. I've also tried to disable wpautop and a custom reverse wpautop function but with no success.

We are using the guide here to translate https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/ , all is well except for the p tags.

I was never able to make the editor_type = textarea work (it always renders as a LINE), so I ended up using editor_type = VISUAL. If we can make editor_type = textarea work, that would be ideal.

What do you recommend?

April 25, 2018 at 11:15 am #1807489

jensR-11

I am using a theme (Stratus) with several widgets. Everytime I update the translation with translation manager, new P tags are added that I have to manually delete again. Is there a solution for this ?

May 7, 2018 at 8:30 pm #2020551

Teagan

There is a typo on the Documentation here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

editor_type – This is the type of text field used in the WPML translation editor. Valid values are LINE, TEXTAREA, and VISUAL.

should be

editor_type – This is the type of text field used in the WPML translation editor. Valid values are LINE, AREA, and VISUAL.

TEXTAREA -> AREA

This solves the issue we had, fix coming out in our next release. 🙂

May 9, 2018 at 11:41 am #2051233

heikiK

Hi,
I have the same issue with Elementor Pro Pricelist widget. It also adds the <p> tags into feature description in translated page. When the fix for this should come out?

September 27, 2018 at 7:07 pm #2771615

reneeF-2

Hi, any news about this issue? Is there any workaround?

Thanks!

March 11, 2019 at 9:36 am #3309199

emmanuelT-3

+1
I have the same problem as heikik with the Price list widget. Any modification on the translation of the page add <P> tags on all prices features.
Any news?
We are more than a year after the issue was raised and it seems it's still not fixed 🙁

April 19, 2019 at 11:59 am #3645535

doruR

+1 same problem