This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ralfG 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
December 10, 2015 at 9:19 am #765578

ralfG

Hi,
after updating to the newest versions of enfold and WMPL, the Avia Layout Architect is not working on all languages but the main one.
I found this in the support forum:

APRIL 28, 2014 AT 5:34 AM #388513 REPLY

Andreas Neuber
Forum moderator

Hello Leonardo,

Sorry for the trouble - the Enfold support is right, its a incompatibility between WordPress 3.9 and WPML 3.1.4.
Our beta version 3.1.5 beta3 solves this issue. In case you decide later to install it:
You find it in your WPML account under "Downloads", all the way down, "CMS Beta Package".
Its good to backup the database first and to use also for the addon plugins the beta version.

The stable WPML 3.1.5 is soon to be released. Feel free to open a new ticket immediately when the issue still persist with that version.

It's the same problem.
And I saw in the enfold support forum that other people have the same problem right now.
Please urgent help.
Thanks,
Chris

December 10, 2015 at 10:11 am #765641

Georg Ludwig

Same for me. As a hint - In the debugger I can find requests to wp-admin/admin-ajax.php which is prefixed with my secondary domain name. e.g.:

hidden link

I can reproduce this error thoughout many parts of the dashboard, e.g. attaching media to a page within the secondary language.

Regards,
Georg

December 10, 2015 at 11:37 pm #766471

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello ralfG,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Being that the ticket is from 2014 , i would say that it is a bit outdated due to all the updates we had ever since.

This might be an incompatibility issue that happened again with the new WPML version.

For being of bettter help, can you please provide you WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you,
Bobby

December 11, 2015 at 11:00 pm #767500

ralfG

Hi Bobby,
thanks for getting back. Yes, the post was old and the topic is new.
It occured after the update to the latest versions of WP, Enfold and WPML.
It happens quite frequently that WPML and Enfold don't like each other so much after updates.
Thanks for helping!
Chris

December 14, 2015 at 5:37 pm #768677

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Chris,

If needed to do i have your permission to create a duplicate of your site using the plugin "duplicator" in order to test it locally

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

December 16, 2015 at 11:03 pm #771108

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the Access Details,

I am not noticing any errors while im testing your site, may i kindly ask you to please walk me through the exact steps so i can reproduce the issue.

Thank you,
Bobby

December 17, 2015 at 4:33 pm #771787

ralfG

Yes sure.
All works fine when I work on the german site.
As soon as I switch to another language (english, spanish, french, russian) the following things are not working:

- on all sites the avia layout architect is not loading.
- I can not update menus
- I can not upload any fotos

This is what I noticed so far, maybe there is more.
When I deactivate WPML CMS, everything is working again.
This is how I update our webpages at this point.
I'm very happy for a solution.

Thank you,
Chris

December 18, 2015 at 2:04 am #772079

Bobby
Supporter

Hello ,

Thank you for the information!

I have installed the plugin "Duplicator" on your site, may i kindly ask you to please try and run it and create a duplicator package for me, unfortunately im receiving an error on my side.

Once done, please let me know and i will login and download the package so i can test your site locally

Kind Regards,
Bobby

December 18, 2015 at 12:35 pm #772380

ralfG

I Bobby, I also receive an error. Is there any other way to make a duplicate?

December 19, 2015 at 9:41 pm #773054

ralfG

Hey Bobby,
I really appreciate help.
The WPLM Plugin is causing problems on our site (as described above) and with the duplicator is also not working.
I hope this gets solved before christmas.
Thanks,
Chris

December 21, 2015 at 4:30 pm #774002

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for updating me!

May i kindly ask you to please provide me with the theme Author's contact information.

Thank you,
Bobby

December 22, 2015 at 9:29 am #774479

ralfG

Hi Bobby,
yes sure:
Publisher
Christian Budschedl
Burggasse 121
1070 Vienna
Austria
ATU65397778

Contact
office(at)kriesi(.)at

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Chris

December 22, 2015 at 5:51 pm #774982

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information!

Before i proceed with contacting the Author may i kindly ask you to please update WPML to its newest version that has fixed many compatibility issues and bugs (3.3.5)

Please let me know your results once the new version is installed.

Thank you,
Bobby

December 23, 2015 at 9:00 am #775337

ralfG

Yeah! It's resolved. Thank you for adding an update.
Merry X-Mas!
Chris