This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 16, 2019 at 8:20 am #3096401

cheuk-shings

As before, it's translated automatically after i install your plugin. However, after updating wordpress, some pages can't be translated.

January 16, 2019 at 9:59 am #3096809

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Unfortunately i cannot tell what WordPress version you are using right now, can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

If you have updated to WordPress 5, i would like to tell you about our article https://wpml.org/2018/12/wait-before-updating-to-wordpress-5-0/
And i will recommend that you revert back to last backup if possible, test the upgrade in another server before migrating production.

Finally, to exclude any compatibility issue with another plugin or the theme, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 16, 2019 at 10:21 am #3097004

cheuk-shings

I have already to pust debug info to you. Is the information enough?

January 16, 2019 at 10:49 am #3097173

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback, actually i'll need to know more informations.

What update have you exactly done
- 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3
- 4.9 -> 5.0.3

Can you test the minimal setup i suggested to exclude any compatibility issue with another plugin or the theme, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 16, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3098224

cheuk-shings

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to activated WPML only and set the theme to Twenty Fourteen. But it failed.

January 16, 2019 at 4:59 pm #3098664

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

If you are not using Gutenberg to create posts and pages, please install and activate the Classic Editor plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/.

Let me know if this resolves the issue ?
Please elaborate a little more on your question so I can better understand?
Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 17, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3102776

cheuk-shings

Thanks Jamal. I have installed the Classic Editor plugin already. But the issue is still here.

Please have a look at screenshot. Those pages supposed to translated to Chinese. But every words are still english.

January 17, 2019 at 3:53 pm #3102830

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

As i don't know what update you are talking about, i will assume you have update from 4.9 to 5.0.
Please allow me access your wordpress website to check this further. Fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 18, 2019 at 9:14 am #3105168

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

In WPML->String Translation, i search for "BILLING DETAILS" and i find that english strings were registered as chinese. They will need to be registered as english, then create translate them to chinese. See this article on how to set a string in another language.
https://wpml.org/2015/10/wpml-makes-it-easy-to-run-sites-without-english/

I did it for "Billing details", see attached images, i used the translation offered by our memory translation system and saved. It shows the "billing details" title in chinese, see attached image.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 19, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3108151

cheuk-shings

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

January 19, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3108180

cheuk-shings

You're right. I can translate words each by each. But I think it'd be a bit crazy to do that. Just like shipping" I found many words "shipping" in the stings.

Also, it's not supposed that i translate it by myself. As I bought it before and installed, my website have been translated automatically.

January 21, 2019 at 8:19 am #3110995

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, there will be many similar strings as "shipping" because they are registered within different domains, you will find WooCommerce's "shipping" text and probably your theme's "shipping" text and maybe other plugins texts.

I believe that there always must be a human validation, there is no automatic translation except those done by third party translation services. We also offer a limited number of machine translation, if using it, you will always need to validate the translation by yourself. Maybe you are talking about previous translations. In this case i cannot tell what did lose these translations.

There is also the option to export translations from WPML->String Translation. That you can use after translating your texts and then import the translation in cases similar to this one or in other cases.

At this stage, i am afraid you will have to go through all the strings.
Let me know if you need other information or you have another request.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support