Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by thijsM-3 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
December 3, 2015 at 1:55 pm #760654

Martin Mart

After updating from 3.3. to 3.3.1 everything links to the homepage instead of its translated page.

User: rb
Password: xahogoga

Go here:
hidden link

switch to english, and you will get the homepage, not the translated article

December 4, 2015 at 11:21 am #761395

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Martin,

Thanks for providing access and an example!
I noticed this - my steps:

1) Go hidden link
2) Switch to english, correct translated article appeared
..but then..
3) Switch back to DE
4) Click on "Lifestyle > Essen & Trinken"
5) Switch to EN
6) Now previous /en/winter-party-on-the-beach/ page shows :-/

Looks like a caching issue to me. I've checked our changelog for WPML 3.3.1 - it does mention also "cache improvements" for plugin W3TC.

Could you please try this and see if it makes a difference?
> Deactivate temporarily plugin W3TC
> Open your website in a different browser
..if no improvement..
> Please deactivate also temporarily plugin "Redirection" and check again

Thanks!

December 4, 2015 at 11:40 am #761414

Martin Mart

Hello Andreas,

after deactivating W3TC, everything looks normal.
If I activate W3CT again, chaos....

So, there is a problem with W3TC.

December 4, 2015 at 3:32 pm #761662

thijsM-3

I have the same problem! After the update, the language-switcher doesn't redirect to the translated version of the page, but to a different page/post (most of the time the last visited post like the example of Martin)
I turned off the W3TC plugin temporarily (which slows down site off course) until this problem is fixed.

Something clearly went wrong according to WPML-W3TC compatibility with the last update, because before the update everything was running well.
There must be a lot more clients of WPML with this problem (that maybe didn't notice it yet).

Please give this priority, or provide a roll-back of previous version of the plugin.

December 5, 2015 at 4:10 pm #762094

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Also to thijsM-3
At least we have now some hint where to look next.

I will contact as next our development team.
To help our developers to check this thoroughly would it be possible to provide us with a duplicate or clone of your website?

This duplicate will installed locally and kept confidential. In case you feel comfortable with this here are our recommended steps to create such a "clone":

1) Install plugin "Duplicator" - http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
hidden link

2) After you've installed the "Duplicator" plugin, please go to hidden link and create a "Package".
The package is a "Installer" and a "Archive" - we need both files.

3) If you provide me with temporary FTP access via the protected webform below here, then I can download your package immediately and proceed.

December 10, 2015 at 1:18 pm #765859

thijsM-3

Hello Martin and Andreas.
I would like to inform you that in this next similar ticket the problem seems to be Object caching:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/when-i-click-to-switch-language-it-takes-me-to-a-random-post/page/2/#post-765835
When I turned off Object-cache, everything works well.

As the other ticket is about the same problem and is already escalated to 2nd tier, maybe this topic could be combined with it or closed.

I didn't start this ticket, so I'll leave that to you guys 😉

The topic ‘[Closed] After updating 3.3. to 3.3.1 everything links to the home instead of its transla’ is closed to new replies.