This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 10:10 am #3824483

gabrielP-16

hello Dear,
our website was 6hours down, and after investigation from the hosting support team (Siteground.com) they found the reason was becouse wpml-string-translation.

please note that now the wpml-string-translation is deactivated !so please advice.
as i afraid to activate and the problem back again(as the hosting company advice)

i will share you all the SITEGROUND-Hosting TEAM REPLAY.... :

I have attached to the process which is being executed during the loading of your website and I have noticed that it is timing out while executing the following SQL query:

Code:
sendto(5, "$\3\0\0\3SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type\n\t\t\t\t FROM wpwv_icl_translations wpml_translations\n\t\t\t\tJOIN wpwv_posts p\n\t\t\t\t\tON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID\n\t\t\t\t\t\tAND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type)\n\t\t\t\t JOIN wpwv_icl_translations tridt\n\t\t\t\t ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type\n\t\t\t\t AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid\n\t\t\t\t WHERE tridt.trid = (SELECT trid FROM wpwv_icl_translations wpml_translations\n\t\t\t\tJOIN wpwv_posts p\n\t\t\t\t\tON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID\n\t\t\t\t\t\tAND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type) WHERE element_id = 38656 LIMIT 1)", 808, MSG_DONTWAIT, NULL, 0) = 808

This query is being generated by your plugin - wpml-string-translation. Thus in order to make your website accessible again, I have generated a backup of your website's database:

Code:
modtoo22@esm6 [~/public_html]# wp db export
Success: Exported to 'modtoo22_wrdp-2019-05-16-4c23f15.sql'.

and I have deactivated the plugin:

Code:
modtoo22@esm6 [~/public_html]# wp plugin deactivate wpml-string-translation
Plugin 'wpml-string-translation' deactivated.
Success: Deactivated 1 of 1 plugins.

Once that has been done I could access your website without any further timing our issues.

You should consider reviewing the plugin in question as well as all the generated tables from it inside your database before activating it again in order to prevent this issue from occurring again in the future.

In case you are not sure how to do this, you should contact a web developer who would be able to assist you further. You could also get in touch with the vendors of the plugin in question and ask them for more information.

I hope that this information was useful for you. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Technical Support Team

please advice

May 16, 2019 at 11:49 am #3825601

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

noticed that it is timing out while executing the following SQL query:

Can you check yourself (or the host) on how many rows are within _icl_strings and ic_string_translation rows? Depending on the amount of these, it may timeout if the hosting package can't load the required amount of strings before timeout.

Depending on the number of strings that are there, you may need do to a cleanup of _icl_strings of unused strings and disable automatic string loading for plugins. Please see this answer and all the links within on what's behind this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-slows-down-site-2/#post-3747035

This is a bit complex topic, so please check that answer and all the links within in detail and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] after updating last version my website become down for 6hours’ is closed to new replies.