Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
December 16, 2018 at 3:23 pm

barryR-5

I am trying to: transfer an updated paragraph in my original US English page to my German page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: somewhere to do a machine translation of the new paragraph I added

Instead, I got: see attached screenshot

I added a new paragraph in the English:
Need More Information On Our Painting Lessons?

now I want to use the automatic translator to do a machine translation of just this paragraph on my German page. I do not want to overwrite the paragraphs I have already translated.

Neither of the two options shown in the attached screenshot seem appropriate. One is grayed out.

December 17, 2018 at 11:05 am #3007593

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this issue. "Machine translation" is only avaialble from the ATE editor.

I logged onto your site and launched the ATE editor for the page in question. This looks normal so far.

Can you please confirm if this is still an issue? Is the problem that you are unable to save this translation?

December 17, 2018 at 11:22 am #3007708

barryR-5

I do not see any button called "launch the ATE editor" in the page editor, or in the WPML menus? Where is it?

December 17, 2018 at 11:52 am #3007868

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Enter the default language version of the page - then click on the German language icon on Languaegs sidebar.

Please view this: hidden link

There is no "button" . It will launch when you attempt to edit a translated page. With some page builders, you can also edit the translated page directly with the native wordpress editor when the dashboard language is in the target translation language.

If you edit the page from within the 2nd language dasbhoard, this can, in cases, bypass the ATE editor launch.

I hope this explains what is happening.

December 17, 2018 at 1:36 pm #3008434

barryR-5

Thanks Yvette, I did this and got the message: A post ID mismatch has been detected.
But there is no indication of how to fix the mismatch.

December 17, 2018 at 2:13 pm #3008615

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm. I´ve not seen this error before, please be patient while I ask some colleagues about this.

December 17, 2018 at 3:53 pm #3009242

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

It seems this message is indicating that the post-id that was sent to the ATE is different than the post-id that is being returned.

That is the mismatch - but I cannot imagine what/how this coudl have happened. Was there anything different or special about this post? was there a post-id that was removed previously?

I am still investigating how to fix this.

December 17, 2018 at 4:30 pm #3009398

barryR-5

I was having problems updating the german page after I updated my original english page, and someone suggested I deleted the translated page and re-do it. That could be what happened. I cannot remember precisely.

December 17, 2018 at 5:02 pm #3009595

Yvette
Supporter

I see. Thank you for that information, it was helpful.

In this case, can you please try the following:
- install and activate the Duplicate Post
- then create a clone of the original English post
- This will create a clone of the associated translated post as well.
- Now attempt to complete/close this new cloned post. Do you get the same issue?

Thanks for letting me know.

December 17, 2018 at 5:15 pm #3009651

barryR-5

this is getting frustrating . Now I can't translate. There was no mention of this anywhere when I bought the plugin.

December 17, 2018 at 6:53 pm #3009863

Yvette
Supporter

I just checked about this. I had no idea either. Apparently there is a pricing structure that was not clearly announced:
Personal: $0.99 - 1500 words -> $0.667 / Kwords
Business: $9.99 - 20000 words -> $0.5 / Kwords
Publisher: $49.99 - 150000 words -> $0.333 / Kwords

Existing clients got 4000 words free

I believe there are efforts even now to get this information published as you are not alone in being taken aback at this news.

December 17, 2018 at 7:25 pm #3009955

barryR-5

This is very disappointing. Unfortunately this is a very underhand marketing tactic and leaves rather a bad taste in my mouth about WPMP. Before seeing this, I was extremely happy with the support I have received. Now I am considering asking for a refund. I want to fully evaluate the product before purchasing and I don't mind paying eventually if I can get the product to work. But now I cannot properly evaluate WPML without paying this hidden charge. Can you update my account with the full amount of words so I can continue my evaluation. Otherwise I will have to ask for a refund, and will definitely not be able to leave a favourable review.

December 17, 2018 at 8:07 pm #3010050

Yvette
Supporter

I´ll check if this is in any way possible with my manager and the manager of the ATE server.

In the meantime, I´ll keep investigating what the issue might be.

December 18, 2018 at 2:38 pm #3012648

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve explained our situation to my manager and he will be contacting you privately through your email.

When you have reached a conclusion, can you please write back so that we can continue our work? Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] after updating original language, how to transfer update to translations’ is closed to new replies.